or Connect

Posts by rosgr63

Congratulations Tony, very nice DAC indeed.
Tyrell you might have to experiment with different type vintage stock 45's. If you get your heater voltage changed you can enter the world of the VT-52's..
  Beautiful amp, well done Glenn!!!!
A pizza with the most expensive toppings doesn't mean is best.................
  Great mod Tony!!!!!!!!!!  Tubes all the way, but at a sensible price.With tube rectifiers you can change the sound with SS is a take it or leave it situation. Saying that I have tube amps with SS rectifiers and I love them..............so it's all about the design and implementation.
I know, I know. Tyrell which 45's are you using?
If that's the case I'm lucky as most of my US tubes are of European stock. The AVVT 300BSL-C37 Ennemoser design are also great tubes and the the Mesh plates even better.The AVVT PX4M considered by some as the holly grail of PX4. Alesha like Glenn is a genius, their designs often copied and used by others. I see some traitors here going SS...........
They are GTA/GTB type tubes, very nice indeed. I would expect an improvement in the lower end.
Nice photo, great amp.   Better safe than sorry.
 Long ago, I experienced 5998's arcing over on one one of my SP Extremes but I was very lucky and no damage occurred.Others using different amps have not been lucky and the HP driver was blown. Warm up noises have not been a problem for me.