Posts by zenpunk

I am confused...  It would make more sense then to sell your desktop combo if it is that good.
I was also greatly disappointed to realise that the Bakoon doesn't seem to bring much to the table when using the PM-1. It is also the first planar I tried that  IMO sounds better out of the voltage output, which really surprised me but tells a lot...
Many people, including myself, had high hope for the Geek Out, but it turns out to be a very poorly designed and dangerous product. 
Funniest classified pics...
I  agree that $10 is silly value for such a fantastic app and functionality. If that's too much to pay then you are probably on the wrong forum mate. 
My issue is that quite a few compromises have to be made to build such a small and powerful DAC/Headphone amplifier, which are sadly pretty obvious in the case of the Geek Out. You would likely get better performance from a compact desktop solution for less, or little more, than the price of the Geek Out +iUSBPower. It would also be a less messy solution. Audio-GD 11.32 comes to mind but there is plenty of choice those days. But if you are happy with your set-up then...
An usb isolator had zero impact on my go. Adding a main powered unit to fix issues with a portable device is a bit lame and completely defeat the main purpose of the Geek Out.
That's absolutely not the case with the HPA-21. Low z can are more current hungry so there is incredibly precise and wide volume control with the TH900. Out the the current output I usually listen at around 12'o clock for modern recordings with a DAC with standard 2V Rms output. And there is plenty of room to play with between 10pm and 2pm on the volume dial. About the HD800 and T1, the mid-bass was obviously boosted and the overall presentation sounded very unnatural. It...
While many seems to enjoy the HD800 out of the Bakoon, when I tried it I just thought it sounded wonky, same for the T1. I also clearly prefer the HE-6 out of the current output. But I agree with many that the Fostex TH900 through the current output is just a match made in heaven. And to my surprise I realised recently that I actually preferred the Oppo PM1 out of the voltage output.
Describe best...