Posts by monoglycer

I have the e7/e9 that I can drag there.   Has there been any updates from the OP? He seems to have not logged on for 3 weeks...
I find the peaks tend to vary by ear...for instance joker reports no extra sibilance or grain, but a lot of members do. My friend who tried them out cannot stand the extra peaks on the ex600, but to my ears it is nothing that is too abnormal. They compliment the fxt's well just by presentation alone (laid back and airy rather than in your face).
I also love the FXT90s and have tried the ex600 in parallel. The sonys have quite an expansive soundstage for an IEM, in my opinion it rivals that of my k601.   In terms of sound the major difference you hear is note thickness from the fxt90, it has a nice amount of bass that is not overwhelming. The sonys do not have that boosted bass, but it is there, punch, and linear. I would argue the mids are a bit more forward in the ex600s than the fxt90s, but both do vocals...
+1 on kckc's recommendation, haven't visited the store yet but I know he has atleast the UM1s for demo, possibly other IEMs.
Wow...someone is going to be very happy at the next Toronto meet...   Good luck k_19!
Only issue with the ex600 (and why I got rid of it) is the lack of isolation, I personally cannot find a use for a fully vented IEM when I have a desktop rig at home.
If you want really wide soundstage, the best I have tried is the sony ex600, they are a bit over your budget but have been the closest IEM with a soundstage of a pair of cans. I  have not tried the IE8s, but reviews have said that it is still king for soundstaging.
Looking to trade my HD25s for a HE-300.   The HD25s are in excellent condition, unfortunately my glasses started to chip the pleather pads, part of the extra $ will be added for a new set. Also interested in a pair of orto EQ-5 or 7.   PM if interested and we can negotiate the extra money from my end.
Wouldn't underestimate the quality of a single BA, will be interesting to see how it sounds.
You need to get the L7 adaptor for it...I currently have my e7 powering a tube amp, I do not have the L7 yet (found this out 3 days ago) but running the e7 volume to max does not produce any distortion.