Posts by monoglycer

Ok this is the link to the album, if anyone wants control of the account just let me know.   If you would like me to post the pictures individually on this thread let me know.   http://s1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa375/headfitoronto/#!cpZZ2QQtppZZ20
Ah this is annoying, work has been kicking my ass since sunday morning to today as well, I will hopefully upload it to some image hosting website (photobucket) and send it to charliex...
First I would like to thank Pavel for organizing it, it was smooth and without any major hickups.   Coming from IEMs, the whole amplification and full sized headphones was quite the learning experience. My wallet might be a lot lighter in the near future because of this meet. I look forward to the next one.   The pics will be coming shortly...by tomorrow probably.
Not a problem, if someone wants to hear their music or something just bring a usb key with the files and ill add it to my computer.
Ah, my mistake, didn't see that you wanted something different rather than similar in sound. I think your assumption is right where the MTPG and IE8s share a similar type of sound. I have limited experience with BAs and they are not for me so I cannot recommend anything there. Might want to look at the MTPCs since they are somewhat different from the golds ;)
I can confirm I will bring the following: laptop > IEMs (MTPG, HJE900, hippo vb) / ATH-ES7
I think the MTPG might suit your needs, I find the sound signature laid back and not aggressive like the HJE900. I also find the vocals the most prominent out of all the IEMs I have heard.
Great reviews of the westones joker, you captured what I thought about them as well as being a  really enjoyable read.  
Looks like quite a few people coming for this, look forward to meeting you all!
First post is the directions.   I am a thumbs up to join you guys if there is room.