Posts by monoglycer

Jerg, are you at uoft?
I as well am from Canada, and am hoping to be on the list (I live in close proximity to Zida) 1. Ontario, Canada.   2. Sources and Amps: Fiio e10 DAC, Millet hybrid max.     Headphones: Hifiman HE-300, Sennheiser momentums     IEMs: Westone 4, UM2, ortofon eq5   3. I have had a fair amount of experience with headphones both from personal ownership as well as auditioning many of Zida's higher end headphones for a prolonged period of time. In addition I have also...
Thanks for starting the group!   I am a PhD student in pharmacology at UofT.
This doesn't prove anything...it is known the outer ear acts to amplify sound, so it isn't surprising that a closed back headphone requires less volume to sound the same.
This is the first time I have seen so many HD800s actually...since I have started attending these meets it took about 2 years before someone brought an HD800...now they are sprouting like weeds....
Thanks for the photos Jeff, and Julian for hosting.   The setup in the second last picture of the first post is a millet-hybrid fed by a fiio e10 DAC. The millet was made by pavel (fallenangel) that I was lucky enough to win at a meet ~2 years ago.
Sorry to hear that Bryan, there will be more meets in the future...we will put a picture of you with your Jecklin floats as a place holder...
yes.....although how they will sound will be interesting given that the seal will not be 100%...in theory...
But all his regular customers will be at this meet ;)
Finch station is actually what we normally do, and it is also normally in Fallenangel's party room as well (Although he has never told us the cost of the room so he has eaten a lot of the fees actually).   It would work well if we had it in your mom's party room, usually the meet happens after lunch so no need for food, and people BYOB...usually scotch actually.   So if you are willing to take the initiative and set up the meet and be upfront about what costs you need...