Posts by monoglycer

Ya the biggest hurdle is always having someone host the event in an area that accessible by most of the interested parties. Maybe one of us can bribe Pavel with some scotch to host a meet...
I agree with most of the reviews here, I have had the 400i for about 3 days and I can say they suit my sound signature perfectly being warm and mid biased without having harsh treble. After I got used to the sound (or burn in of the headphone) the difference between them and the he300sI currently own is night and day in terms of clarity and balance. For people who are fans of the mid centric IEMs (like I am) like the westone um2 or shure 535, the 400i is a much better...
The he400i is pretty easy to drive, the volume knob is not much higher than when I use the he300 or sennheiser momentums.
This is a slightly delayed review from the Canadian tour. Thank you to hifiman for organizing this tour!   This review will not be very long, I do not have other higher end headphones to compare to as well has being unable to critically pick out/quantify weird peaks/valleys in what I hear.   With that said there are three major selling points to the HE-560 for me.   1) The ergonomics: The HE-560 barely weigh more than the HE-300 which is extremely impressive given...
Sweet, whose lab are you in? I'm in MSB at St George campus and just got the HE560 on loan.....might need to ask you a few things...
Jerg, are you at uoft?
I as well am from Canada, and am hoping to be on the list (I live in close proximity to Zida) 1. Ontario, Canada.   2. Sources and Amps: Fiio e10 DAC, Millet hybrid max.     Headphones: Hifiman HE-300, Sennheiser momentums     IEMs: Westone 4, UM2, ortofon eq5   3. I have had a fair amount of experience with headphones both from personal ownership as well as auditioning many of Zida's higher end headphones for a prolonged period of time. In addition I have also...
Thanks for starting the group!   I am a PhD student in pharmacology at UofT.
This doesn't prove anything...it is known the outer ear acts to amplify sound, so it isn't surprising that a closed back headphone requires less volume to sound the same.
This is the first time I have seen so many HD800s actually...since I have started attending these meets it took about 2 years before someone brought an HD800...now they are sprouting like weeds....