or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by GuyDebord

126 VOTERS SO FAR....
Quote: Originally Posted by Duggeh If there are more than a small fistfull of people who have heard all 30 I shall be surprised. People will simply vote for what they own, ergo, the biggest selling ones will win. I'd put favourite odds on the SR-60. Speaking of Ergo, you didn't include them, and the poll is skewed because of different manufacturer saturations. More Grado options either = more votes for Grado, but more diluted per option, or the same...
Quote: Originally Posted by krmathis I see. But note that you have listed several out-of-production headphones (Grado SR-325, RS-1, RS-2, GS1000)... You can forget those. Cause I missed the "dynamic" part of the thread topic(s) Ok, Ok, lets just add an "i" to all the Grado options...
Quote: Originally Posted by krmathis What, not AKG K1000? ...and not a single Stax either? Way to limited choices... The idea is to vote on open dynamic models currently in production, I will make another poll for closed back. Sorry for not including stax, they are a very specialized and unique niche, or do you suggest I include them?
OK, this is a "scientific" poll to measure Head-Fi's community headphone of choice. Your vote is given to your favorite headphone (un-modded and currently in production) regardless of how many of them you have heard. The poll is limited to 10 options, therefore the poll consists of three parts. 30 options should be enough, sorry if your feelings were hurt for not including yours. PLEASE VOTE ONCE, LETS MAKE THIS CREDIBLE! LINK TO PART 1 (Alessandro, Audio Technica, AKG):...
OK, this is a "scientific" poll to measure Head-Fi's community headphone of choice. Your vote is given to your favorite headphone (un-modded and currently in production) regardless of how many of them you have heard. The poll is limited to 10 options, therefore the poll consists of three parts. 30 options should be enough, sorry if your feelings were hurt for not including yours. PLEASE VOTE ONCE, LETS MAKE THIS CREDIBLE! LINK TO PART 1 (Alessandro, Audio Technica,...
OK, this is a "scientific" poll to measure Head-Fi's community headphone of choice. Your vote is given to your favorite headphone (un-modded and currently in production) regardless of how many of them you have heard. The poll is limited to 10 options, therefore the poll consists of three parts. 30 options should be enough, sorry if your feelings were hurt for not including yours. PLEASE VOTE ONCE, LETS MAKE THIS CREDIBLE! LINK TO PART 2 (Beyerdynamic, Grado):...
this ohm variations dont do any favors for beyer, it just confuses, the 600ohm should be named differently, like dt888, or something like that...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bredin I need an opinion on the DT880 600ohms, how do they stand to lets say 1000$ headphones. Coming from the HI-FI scene it feels strange that the top of the line costs like a decent cable. My origin and contemporary state is Hi-Fi, I just was listening to Laurie Anderson's Big Science in vinyl through a Halcro amp and into my beloved Kharma's CRM 3.2FE's and there is no headphone that could even come close to that...
Quote: Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT Speed metal (e.g. Dragonforce) is a brutal test for driver speed, you can tell when slow driver starts blurring the notes together. And yes, even that 600Ohm might be faster than 250Ohm driver, overall DT880 is slower than something like AD2000 or SA5000. It feels like fast, complex passages get smoothed out, and the overall "snappiness" is diminished. what do you say on this, about your w5000's?
New Posts  All Forums: