or Connect

Posts by GuyDebord

OK, this is a "scientific" poll to measure Head-Fi's community headphone of choice. Your vote is given to your favorite headphone (un-modded and currently in production) regardless of how many of them you have heard. The poll is limited to 10 options, therefore the poll consists of three parts. 30 options should be enough, sorry if your feelings were hurt for not including yours. PLEASE VOTE ONCE, LETS MAKE THIS CREDIBLE! LINK TO PART 2 (Beyerdynamic, Grado):...
this ohm variations dont do any favors for beyer, it just confuses, the 600ohm should be named differently, like dt888, or something like that...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bredin I need an opinion on the DT880 600ohms, how do they stand to lets say 1000$ headphones. Coming from the HI-FI scene it feels strange that the top of the line costs like a decent cable. My origin and contemporary state is Hi-Fi, I just was listening to Laurie Anderson's Big Science in vinyl through a Halcro amp and into my beloved Kharma's CRM 3.2FE's and there is no headphone that could even come close to that...
Quote: Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT Speed metal (e.g. Dragonforce) is a brutal test for driver speed, you can tell when slow driver starts blurring the notes together. And yes, even that 600Ohm might be faster than 250Ohm driver, overall DT880 is slower than something like AD2000 or SA5000. It feels like fast, complex passages get smoothed out, and the overall "snappiness" is diminished. what do you say on this, about your w5000's?
Quote: Originally Posted by witness thanks for the answer unfortunately i couldn't find any sellers on ebay who sells dt880 32 ohm version. I'm in turkey and hard to find a seller. Would you suggest a seller to me? Also is there any different headphone suggestions? Kopfhörer Konfigurator für individuelle Wünsche choose english in the left mid upper side. have fun,
Quote: Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/des...ossary-220770/ Stereophile: Sounds Like? An Audio Glossary Chesky Demo CD has a good example on Transients to test the speed of the system as well as an excellent description of the term. And YES! the 600ohm is faster than the 250ohm version, no doubt...
Quote: Originally Posted by MrOutside which 880 is better for classical and jazz? I have the 250 but am wondering if the 600 keeps the signature whilst improving all areas. I have L3000 so I do not have the need for superb bass i just want nice sound. 600ohm Manufaktur, I stress the Manufaktur part, when you order direct, they match the impedance on both drivers to perfection. Also, go for the leather headrest, very comfy... In Europe, the...
unless you go for the 32ohm 880, which I havent heard (so no comment on their sound), the 880 and the k701 arent good a good match with your amp in portable mode. I must add that I use the dt770 250ohm with an iqube v1 (portable) and works great, not as good as in a stationary amp, but good for the road. If your amp has high gain and a possibility for connecting it to a dc transformer at home, it might to the trick meanwhile you get a stationary tube amp....
Quote: Originally Posted by nullstring Actually, I would imagine a significant portion of the group would know or have heard about FLAC, because they see it when they torrent music online. good point, but still most of them will be/are satisfied with 128 mp3's....
Quote: Originally Posted by MrOutside is it bass heavy? I wouldnt say its bass heavy at all, the bass of this baby is authoritatively natural, basically you dont miss the bass and you are not always reminded about the bass, its just there, well represented in unison with all the other freqs,