Posts by GuyDebord

I think is to early in the process to get any conclusions, both cans need to settle and crucial needs more recognition time... but thanks very much Crucial, I will follow this thread, as it will for sure aid my decision... or probably confuse. Meanwhile, could you comment on the fit, comfort and finish of both? the ps1000 looks really heavy and the hd800, well its a bit flimsy......
I would go for the dt880 600ohm Manufaktur paired with a tube amp. I think that they do better on rock than the 990's, actually I think they are the best beyers, hell I think you cannot do better for less than 1k(retail). Beyers are more comfortable and more versatile than most grados, I am hardly using my 325's since I have the Beyers, not even for the little rock I listen to. I have the k701 and I can tell you that rock isnt their strongest suit. Cant comment on the...
Quote: Originally Posted by IPodPJ Have the HD800 so they get my vote. I heard the PS1000 for a little bit at CanJam and they didn't impress me in the slightest, but I don't really care for any Grados. The HF-2 were the best of all of them in my opinion. How can you form an opinion based on a get together? was amplification, cables, power source, sound source the same in both cases? Isnt the HD800 still up in the hype curve?
I own the dt880 and k701's. As an overall can, the dt880 (250ohm or better 600ohm) gets my recommendation. It is more forgiving and easier to drive well, the k701's need good amplification, its more comfortable for long listening sessions, does very good with all types of music as it is more a more involving less analytical can. The k701 shines on its soundstage and its a very good can for listening to high fidelity recordings, it likes jazz and similar, but the dt880...
I have used them (250ohm) with the iqube and the output is very descent but not as good as my stationary amps. Anything bellow the iqube will have a hard time. If your are a lower ohm version then you got it easier
Apparently, some are starting to get their PS1000's. I have been holding to get the HD800's because of this Grado's. Someone or some many should start posting their comparative comments so it can help people like me decide which way to go... they will be greatly appreciated!
Im really waiting for the ultimate 2009 match: PS1000 vs. HD800 Im looking to get one of them, which one would it be.....
As long as you get the 600ohm Manufaktur's, you are missing nothing. Tubes an this cans are a perfect combination!
If you are interested in selling yours please PM, thanks
just PM'd you