Posts by GuyDebord

I third this!   These cans have got to be the best High-end value I have heard, they are a STEAL! to bad a lot of people are going to miss on these due to their low price, they are in my opinion, among the best closed cans in the market today and could easily compete in the 1k class, perhaps not win it, but seriously compete.   On another note, I recently used them in a trans-Atlantic flight and I had no comfort issues, another plus! My only criticism so far is the...
Only if you are a NEUTRAL-HEAD    
  Bass is as Neutral as it gets, not bland, weak nor dry but precise, very controlled and with well balanced impact, they are not dry. dark nor warm, actually, I find their tonal balance very natural. Keep in mind these headphones are NOT for bassheads. If you are not a basshead, basically, if you like natural/live reproduction this cans shine with all kinds of acoustic (orchestral, chamber, voice, jazz, etc.)  and experimental electronic music (orchestral, minimal,...
You have to try Staxen, also my EarSonics EM3-Pro's are all about perfect harmonics. The RE0's and HD600's are musical toys in comparison.  
  Try them well amp, and you will see. I have a European 160 iPod 7thgen, perhaps you are not aware that European laws 'protect' your ears, so the volume is limited, I always use this iPod as a Benchmark for amped or not, and this iPod simply cant drive the 940's. For those with European portable electronics these cans would be a dissapointment without an amp. My American iPad keeps up with them but it does nothing compared to having them amplified, they just shine with...
Selling a brand new pair of Shure SRH-940's. I bought them from Earphone Solutions and arrived 4 days ago. The reason Im selling is because I got them exclusively for comparison with the Beyerdynamic T5p which I'm keeping as my full-size portable. I was curious about how this one would perform and I was very positively surprised by Shure. To my ears, these are the best closed cans on the 200-500 range (if you have an amplifier), I have owned most of them (Denon, AT,...
@Mad Max   The closest to a natural reproduction of the harmonics, air reverberations and liquidity of musical notes in an acoustic string instrument, female voice and orchestral percussion. The opposite to musical would be analytical, dry, sterile and technical, which for some reason a few here like. A good example of an analytical, technical headphone is the Beyer DT-48.
    Well, they are both very different headphones, not easy to compare, but this is what I can say about it.... I once owned the K701's and I must say that in terms of clarity, detail, resolution, treble, musicality and bass the 940's win (considering both headphones have been well amplified). The K701 win on soundstage, this is where they excelled, perhaps exaggerated... but for a closed headphone the 940's are surprisingly open. So yes, If you want an closed can that...
I own the 940's and I have to warn you that they are useless without an amp. Out of an ipod they are weak, lean and bland; with an amp they are surprisingly very good headphones, I believe the best value in their class (I have owned most cans in that class: closed large portable $200-$500) I am using the Headstage Arrow and pairs very well.
I received the 940's today and here are my first impressions:   - They are hard to drive, I would not recommended these headphones for a single standard portable source like an ipod. You really need an amp for this babies, my EU iPod alone could not drive them, my Arrow had to be put in the Gain 2 setting. - At its early stages they have quite a grainy treble, I hope it improves - Its neutral, certainly not sweet like ed.8, pro900 and the 840's, and I like...