or Connect

Posts by GuyDebord

My STAXs render with similar coherence, layering depth, harmonics, texture and musicality, what I mean with similar is that both satisfy me equally in these aspects. Where the STAXs get the advantage is in transparency, soundstage and spaciousness, but its unfair to compare any CIEM to them. In their own purpose, both my STAXs and the Encores satisfy me to the max! Of course I have been eying the 009's but I cannot seem to justify the price due to the fact that I use my...
Ok. After 168 hours of being played-in, I can now say that the music coming out of the two bores is just breathtaking. Of the 24 years I have been a seriously dedicated audiophile I have rarely encountered a component that has blown my mind the way the Encores are doing it. Things I thought impossible from a portable audio transducer are being done by these unimpressive looking pieces of silicon, these CIEMS are the Benchmark of Musicality on the go and beyond. ACS has...
I would say 3-4 weeks in the USA, perhaps a bit faster in EU? Mine took 2.7 weeks
Sorry to say this, but your logic is nonsense, this type of comments propagate a lot of ignorance and are why I sometimes stay away from Head-fi. Number of drivers are not directly proportional to more quality nor more detail, nor more whatever. Actually adding drivers poses a very difficult challenge that really affects the rendering quality of a transducer, this is referred to as a crossover, which is what divides the frequencies into each of the drivers. A good way to...
Yes, they do everything in-house, a seamless process from beginning to end, plus the service is really great!
 Here are ACS addresses in LA and NYC: ACS USA The only issue with ordering them from USA is that they dont have a laser printer yet, which means you dont get your initials put on them. However, ACS NYC can send them to the UK for laser printing, it would just take longer ~2 weeks more.
 Damn it! I was so excited of the possibility that I didnt do a proper research before placing the order here: doublehelixI dont know what I was thinking.... Even if I'm able to get T2's, I doubt it would be possible to insert a cable thicker than the linum. The Picture I found shows how small T2 (center) is compared to the MMCX (right).  
Lets see who gets the ZX2 first, I ordered it from Hong Kong. Who will be the first to hear the Encore's with a ZX2? Seriously, these CIEM's are making me do crazy things, just ordered mmcx terminations to convert my TWag 3's for use with the Encores, as much as I like the Linum cables, I think it will be a serious upgrade in search to get the most out of the ACS magic.
80 hours and they are becoming silkier, liquid and smother without loosing any detail, on the contrary there is more detail but it now belongs to a musical unity, no element of the music asks for more attention than any other, all the elements are there perfectly rendered in unison. I continue to be impressed and cant wait to try them out with the ZX2. I will report back after the 100 hour mark.
I just placed an order for the Sony NW-ZX2.... I am blaming the Encore's for this!