Posts by GuyDebord

I say go with the Shure SRH-840, these IMO the best balanced sound in that price bracket, however, if you like an emphasis on bass, then go ultrasone.
In my arduous experience with closed cans, here is my ranking (all amplified):   1. Stax 4070 2. Beyerdynamic T5p 3. Shure SRH-940 (Best Value by far) 4. Ultrasone Edition 8 5. Shure SRH-840 6. Audio Technica W5000 (a tad to warm, but there was something special in them)   Next would be the other Ultrasones, AT's, AKG's and lastly the Denon's rank low in my list (not my type of sound). I would consider the Sony Z1000's and Beyerdynamic t70p but I havent...
Natural sound is always my benchmark, or better said, the sound of an non-amplified quartet (jazz or classical) in a good chamber hall. I can think of only two natural cans and one iem of all the ones I have owned and tested:   Stax 4070 Monitors Shure SRH-940 (Im convinced this is the best value in head-fi, worth hundreds more in comparison to others) Earsonics EM2-Pro   Speakers, perhaps I can think of two that I have enjoyed greatly and thus I can speak...
If you were willing to splurge $300 for the crappy beats, then you can get the king of hip-hop bass: Ultrasone pro 900's this is it! For less the Ath-m50's and the srh-840's will thrill you, best sound for the buck! and this is unanimous!  
$30-$70 depending on the model, not a dollar more! still expensive for that crappy sound if you ask me....
  They are now embedded! a bit late dough...    
  WhoTF cares! The sound from each model is very different, not even close.  
Well, I have heard/owned some clinical headphones: HD800, DT48, ER4p/s, K701, and I would not put the 940's in this category. The detail of the shure's is somehow more liquid, it has a musical soul, with the mentioned headphones I would get tired of listening, so far this hasnt happened with the 940's, huge complement!   Comparing reproduction in room acoustics with headphones is difficult, to many differences in the equation. I have a very high-end stereo setup and if I...
Most pop/hip-pop recordings are now very dynamically compressed and equalized to increase their loudness, sacrificing the sound quality so that they can be played on tiny computer speakers or crappy boom boxes/car stereos/headphones to their clipping point, for whatever reason, people like to show off their BASS and recording studios give them what they want! In short, the 940's will dramatically reveal the trade-backs of dynamic compression, like distortion (rough...
this thread is useless without pics