Posts by GuyDebord

You have the baby stax (SR-001) which are superb and affordable portables, albeit noise isolation and comfort, and of course the best closed headphones in existence, the Stax 4070 Monitors, imo the R10's are a joke compared to these. Svyr, not all Staxen are made for "someone rich with loads of gear and a quiet room...or no family and friends.."   The t5p's are without doubt in my mind, the best closed "portable" in production, some flaws, but sadly no other one comes...
SVYR, thanks for your pov but I totally disagree with your perceptions. I still haven't heard a closed headphone (except the Stax 4070's) that comes close to the musical refinement and authority that the t5p has, of course it isn't perfect, but until something else comes, these set a reference standard. Plus, these cans are portable, high-end versatility at its best! For those of us that need closed cans, these are the top.
I am now convinced that a great majority of headfiers have been gradually converted into bassheads by the pop/rock recording music. The t5p's have bass, not weak at all! almost perfect. The ed8's are warm and with overemphasized bass, but the war amongst these two seem to be in slight favor of the Ultrasones, beats me! Perhaps people dont go to live, non-amplified concerts anymore? What is everyone's musical reference now????? 
Im selling my SRH-940's which I bought about 7 weeks ago. These headphone's are imo the best value in high-end, I love these phones but I just ordered the Beyer T70p's and I hate keeping to many cans, perhaps after auditioning the T70p's I come back to them, for the moment they must go.   Im staying in Paris at the moment, I can ship to anywhere in Europe. The headphones are in mint condition and come without box/case, I will ship them carefully and inside a very...
  Seriously???   1. The 7000's have a 6.3mm plug and cable is hard to manage 2. The 7000's are enormous and made of "look me and I scratch" wood 3. The 7000's isolation is not so good around 10-15db 4. The 7000's are meant to be home amped    
For some years I have been in the search of the BEST (to my ears, of course) closed headphone. I use a closed can almost 90% of the time, and a big portion of this time outside my office rig while traveling, commuting, etc. I have tried most of the closed cans out there, every time an interesting new model comes out I get it, so far these are the one's I kept in order of preference:   1. STAX 4070 Monitors, the Reference for which others are judged, of course these...
you mean 940's, right?  
  Ultrasone's are circumaural. The reason why no one has recommended the srh-940's is because they are very new and few people have heard them. Dont bother with the Denon's they are to warm for your taste, plus leak a lot, same with the Audio Technica's.    
Do some research on the following:   Shure SRH-940 : These are very neutral headphones, perhaps the most neutral in their price range, bass is not overemphasized, it just is. Value wise I put them at the top ($300), you need to amp them and since they are new you will not find them used so easily.   Beyerdynamic T70p : I havent heard them (they are brand new), but you should look into them, from what I read about them, they seem to fit your bill. I have owned many Beyers...
good choice! really good choice!