Posts by GuyDebord

Svyr, I own two STAX (4070 and 007) and I'm seriously considering splurging for the 009's. They are undoubtedly my preferred headphones and nothing I have heard comes close to them. However, I travel quite a lot, to the point I listen more with my portable set than with my home hi-fi or my office STAX setup. I wish that my staxen could be portable, but they are not, I even bought 001's and got the amp ultra-fat catted but they couldn't live up to the type of portability...
This is my ranking of closed "portable" cans. My preference is towards neutral cans, those that prefer colored or bass heavy cans might disagree...   1. Beyerdynamic T5p 2. Shure SRH-940 3. Beyerdynamic T70p 4. Ultrasone Edition 8 5. Beyerdynamic DT-1350 6. Sony Z1000 7. Audio Technica ESW-10  
  Two very good arguments for keeping my CLAS...  
Quote: This thing with battery life is what puts me off too, it wouldn't even last a short trans-continental flight. After a lot of thinking, I decided to keep the CLAS until some other new model comes out. The CLAS gives me sufficient battery life (just barely) and with my arrow amp the bulk isn't that bad. Did I mention that the sound coming out of my portable rig is jaw-dropping? In all my years playing with portable headphone equipment, nothing, nothing has made such...
Googleli, could you please check the synergy of the CLAS/Amps vs Hp-P1 with the T5p. I now use a CLAS/Arrow combo but I'm very curious on how the fostex performs. Thanks
Does anyone know if someone has the hp-p1 in stock in the US? someone wants to sell it?
Does anyone know who has it in stock for $649? or if anyone want to sell it?
I owned the ed.8's for some time and sold them because I couldn't get over the pronounced warmth and the hyperbolic emphasis on bass, these are not even close to a natural sound signature, which is my preference. In all the other areas, except soundstage (which is kind of small) the ed.8's do well, but they are shiny (even the palladium) and draw a lot of attention if you wear them outside. Their looks make a good analogy to their sound, bling and baroque.   The t5p's on...
You have the baby stax (SR-001) which are superb and affordable portables, albeit noise isolation and comfort, and of course the best closed headphones in existence, the Stax 4070 Monitors, imo the R10's are a joke compared to these. Svyr, not all Staxen are made for "someone rich with loads of gear and a quiet room...or no family and friends.."   The t5p's are without doubt in my mind, the best closed "portable" in production, some flaws, but sadly no other one comes...
SVYR, thanks for your pov but I totally disagree with your perceptions. I still haven't heard a closed headphone (except the Stax 4070's) that comes close to the musical refinement and authority that the t5p has, of course it isn't perfect, but until something else comes, these set a reference standard. Plus, these cans are portable, high-end versatility at its best! For those of us that need closed cans, these are the top.