Posts by GuyDebord

I guess the CLAS will be your option....  
Good speakers will always be better at reproducing a real event than any headphone including the 009's. I would say that my headphones give me 65-70% of the satisfaction I get with my Kharma CRM 3.2FE's. Of course, there is a big price gap to consider here....  
Also bring your wallet, they will surprise you. The rendering of classic jazz (miles, coltrane and the like) is uncanny.  
I've said it before and I will say it again, the SRH-940's are the best value high fidelity headphone on the market, it seriously competes in the 1k category, it is that good, I take them over the LCD-2's anytime. Only one caveat if you are a bass-head, they will not be for you.
I would take the LCD-2 over the hd800 anytime, saying that, I wouldn't get the Audeze's, still a lot of critical deficiencies for my ears.   Skylab, I agree completely with your recent post to the thread, this is what needs to be learned.
That 7g 160gb is destined to be a legend, I was also thinking of getting another one. For some reason people are happy with 16gb of lossy music and thus the market responds.....  
You are truly great!  still smells like gas though...
And after more than a year, the thread rises from the dead, its alive! Things do come back to hunt and remind us... Once the untouchable was the hd800 and now the LCD2, when will we learn.... fad is what Freud taught us more than a century ago, it is what controls the masses.  
  Yes like this review thread I started against the hd800's when they were the untouchable hype http://www.head-fi.org/t/441430/a-twisted-review-hd800s-calculative-clinical-and-sterile-soul it got locked just after 13 pages! people can get madly defensive here, they need to justify their expense somehow...  I've heard the lcd2's several times and never been impressed, there I said it.    
Denons dont isolate! independently of producing some of the most colored and funny sounding cans in the industry (IMO), they are not what you say you need. Yes, imo T5p's are the best closed "portable" cans in production, be advised that they are on the neutral side, which is my preference, if you like bass emphasis I suggest you stay with the t70p's.