Posts by GuyDebord

Thanks. Yes, I have ordered the Linum Balanced BAX and have been trying to convince Estron to send me a demo of their beta Super Balanced which is a bit thicker and has less impedance. I really wish they could sell T2 connectors so that I could put them on my TWAg V3s... But I must say I love the lightness and thinness of the BAX
 Thanks. Still curious about a comparative between the A12s and the Encores, which I consider to be on the top of all CIEMs I have listened to.... but havent being able to audition the A12s
The ZX2 is a totally different animal and it plays at a much higher level than the ZX1 which I never really liked. The ZX2 is IMO the best DAP you can buy today, albeit I havent heard the Lotoo...
 I would not call it neutral, I would call it more like CLINICAL... wow, just saw it was my 1000th post... not sure if I should celebrate
Same impressions, on the other hand I havent had any issues with the ZX2
Im perhaps one of the few that doesnt have a google account, nor plan to. Since no google apps are active I get top consistent battery life.
   Would be nice if you could elaborate a bit more on the differences between the A12's and the Encores. Thanks!
I moved from Black Gates to V-Caps CuTF's in the custom dac/preamp I use on my home speaker setup, they took about 200hrs to stabilize but could still hear them change until the 400hr mark. You should try the vcap, they are to my ears superior to the BG. I wish I could put some in the ZX2  
 Browsing some old posts I found this posted by Happy Camper from the Blackgate capacitors tech paper: "The Idling ProcessIf a Black Gate capacitor mounted on an electronic device is actuated, a signal current flows into it and the electrodes are gradually activated, reducing non-linear distortion and phase distortion substantially while improving the efficiency of power transfer efficiency. The time required for this process varies widely with the capacity, voltage and...
I also like the standard case a lot, I find it more elegant, modern and discreet.