Posts by GuyDebord

>>>RESERVED<<<     I had them on-sale and then I went for a long trip... Im back and they are again for sale: my Beyerdynamic T5p's. In mint condition, I have the original case, box and papers. Buyer to pay shipping and paypal fees. The beyers ship from NYC, local pickup is welcomed.   Cheers!   BTW, I have a lot of good feedback but old-school style, just click at the feedback link in my signature if you are interested.
I will say it again, for rock and pop lovers the ed.8's will be preferred by most due to their colored bass emphasis, for discreet or orchestral electronic, modern composition, jazz, free jazz, improv, avant-garde and classical the t5p is a much better headphone, they are more natural, open and reproduce acoustic space far more accurately than the ed8's which are terribly unnatural, but I guess bass always wins to fidelity in this forum....
I owned the ed.8 and sold them, IMO fun at the beginning distorted in the long run. The customs you mention and I would add the Earsonics EM3pro's, will give you much better sound for the buck. With the ed8's you are buying an object of desire, with the customs a professional musical instrument....    
One of the sharpest critical posts I've read in headfi. Thanks for the laugh!
Yes, I guess headfi is not a democracy... it just takes a few opinions to shatter those of many. BTW, I guess you are aware of my anti hd800 threads :) Our ears are truly opposites.  Im curious, what speakers do you like?
  True, my boat sinks with un-natural colored bassy cans, and certainly ultrasone is at the forefront group, perhaps we listen to very different type of music. Anyway, the srh-940's are not only praised by me, just have a look at the thread :) you will be surprised
I owned the ed8 and now own the t5p and completely disagree with this statement as I think the opposite. Im pasting what I posted in another thread:      I owned the ed.8's for some time and sold them because I couldn't get over the pronounced warmth and the hyperbolic emphasis on bass, these are not even close to a natural sound signature, which is my preference. In all the other areas, except soundstage (which is kind of small) the ed.8's do well, but they are shiny...
If only someone started modding the 940's at thunderpants level....
I guess the CLAS will be your option....  
Good speakers will always be better at reproducing a real event than any headphone including the 009's. I would say that my headphones give me 65-70% of the satisfaction I get with my Kharma CRM 3.2FE's. Of course, there is a big price gap to consider here....