Posts by GuyDebord

Yes, they work.
I bought my A35 exclusively for use with the 1000x as my commuting kit. Before the A35 I used my iPhone 7 and I can tell you that the SQ of the A35 using LDAC is way better (in every parameter) than the AAC codec of the iPhone, adding to this, I can store and play my high-res files, something I could do on the iPhone. I also have the ZX2 and the SQ of the A35 when using LDAC is exactly the same. In short, this is the perfect pairing of the 1000x. 
MDR-1000X + NW-A35 is the best commute setup that one can get, light, comfortable, practical, best in class noise cancelling, great battery life and fantastic SQ:     Of course this is my opinion, but I have tried almost all possible commute setups, ciems, iems, NC, external dacs, amps, high end DAPs plus I am also highly experienced in serious hi-fi (25 years), head-fi (10 years) and traveller (~150,000 miles/year plus daily subway rides). You cannot beat this Today,...
Just flying back from Hong Kong where I bought the Sony A35 walkman and Im in love. I have been using my ZX2 which is large and heavy and must say that the SQ is exactly the same with the A35, I expected this since its wireless via LDAC codec. MDR-1000x + A35 is the most perfect commute setup that I have tried so far, I recommend all that if they want to hear what this headphones can do, you must try them with LDAC. iPhone via AAC codec is not bad but with a proper sony...
Agree 100%. The P7 has a much more consumer friendly sound signature, If you come from the high-end side (too many years in this hobby), the P7 becomes unbearable after 2 hours of listening.The MDR1000x are the cheapest cans I own, by far! But they have become the ones I reach out for more, and this is for a simple reason, convenience! I travel a lot, planes, trains, subways and taxis... Im writing this at 36,000 feet above sea level after 15 hours flying (one more to...
Writing this inside a noisy airplane cabin. I bought both the P7 and the 1000x to test them during this long transatlantic trip. As I mentioned before, due to sound quality demands I always resorted to my CIEMS, but always found them uncomfortable with cabin pressure changes and the cable is also bothersome when Im trying to sleep, move around the cabin and so on. Let me say that now Im convinced that if you are a heavy commuter, air or land, Noise Cancelling full size...
Got mine yesterday and took them for a subway ride, the NC is spectacular and without doubt the best sounding NC phones available. Actually, this is the first time I think Im going to add NC cans to my collection, I always ended sending back all previous intents I had with Bose, Parrot, Meelectronics, Beats, Sennheiser, Audiotechnica and even other Sony models... I do a lot of transatlantic traveling but so far I survived with my CIEMS, the thing I never enjoyed with the...
well... just ordered them via crutchfields. I welcome myself to the club. Damn Head-fi!
I had a chance to do side to side auditions between my ZX2, the AK320, and the Onkyo. I was open to buy one if I liked it more, but I didn't! To me the ZX2 is still the supreme leader on musicality, texture, spatiality, harmonics and timbre. The others sounded lifeless (AK320) and robotic (Onkyo) to me. Just my 2 cents.
After a lot of hesitation... I finally decided to depart from my love. For sale my Sony NW-ZX2 DAP. Bought at Crutchfields. American version, not volume limited. The DAP is in MINT condition, it has had a screen protector since new, not a single scratch anywhere and has only been in smokeless environments. I have the original box, accessories, receipt and a cruizer case.    Ships from NYC, can also be picked-up. Paypal add fees.   Thanks for watching!