or Connect

Posts by RushNerd

Someone grab these amazing cans!
Uhg, it's been a while. Wish I still had them around or could demo for comparison. I do remember them though and have tested them on these track and more. I would say of course them being tuned and Planars, the doggs handle acoustics/soundstage/vocals much better and more transparently. It was the low end/bass era that kind of turned me off, they did JUST FINE with that, even through my eq test up above (used a schiit Asgard and later Lyr for amping) and they did well but...
Haha, awesome man. Yeah I know it's nuts, but I really love the 32-64 spectrum a lot and Fat of the land is all around 50hz; it's pure bliss. I know you sacrifice some overall audio quality from the rest of the spectrum when you do that, but honestly these cans do a really good job at not robbing the rest of the accuracy and fun out of the music when you have heavy bass as many do.Yes, I know ALL about the Db reduction and where I have it set is exactly where you need to...
This was a regular post, but I just ended up making it my full and short review; sorry if this counts as cross posting! Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things only a week, but with my experience I can quickly tell what they are and can do. Setup/review: Did my standard headphone test I do with them all (it's...
Listened to my Yammys three hours striaght today in the car (Though my tablet straight, easy to drive!) to see RUSH and boy did they deliver! Mosly spun some Japanese turntableism, The Prodigy's new album (they never lost it, man are they amazing) and as I got closed to rush, Clockwork Angles their last album (they never lost it either, and were as good as when I saw them 10 years ago. Greatest band ever.) Certainly very happy with these headphones, more than I have been...
I don't have a lot of time right now to write a lot but: First off, I never liked my Beyer DT990's that much. One of the lightest and most comfy headphones, but the wicked treble spike and serious lack of low-end they have kept me away. HE-400's are a much different beast that the 220's and certainly not studio headphones. I do adore He-400's bass, but 220's certainly have way more than I thought they would for studio style headphones. I would honestly make the comparison...
These finally came USPS today from Reverb.com in "interesting" packaging and opened inner box, but the cans themselves are immaculate. They came right before I went to work so I let the burn in with prodigy before listening to a track. Holy Yammies! I only needed one min to assure me of their comfort and quality and wow.   Going to take me a while to make a judgement, but having the HE-400's for the last 5 months, it's really nice going back to a nice pair of dynamics....
The revberb.com one is what I picked up; i'll post here when it arrives; what a deal!
Wow thanks. I will bookmark that. But $20 is a lot for something I have no idea is needed on these cans or not. If someone could shine some wisdom here I would be very grateful.  I know on the HE-400 planars, they separated the cans from your ears more and improved acoustics and even bass! But I know with dynamic bass is usually king with stock ones.  Let me know :)
Heard some VERY good things about these babies, and looked at the overwhelmingly positive reviews and loved the look of them.   So I went to Rebverb.com and picked up a pair for $140 shipped; I am very excited to try these out!     I would just like to know what I should expect and burn in time for them? Any other tips would be great too.   I come from the HE-400's and those shine with velour pads, so I want to hear from you guys if these cans do as well? Is it...