Posts by kimchee411

ALL GONE
Price drop - 1 day only.
  Put these babies in this morning.  Wow just barely fit them in!  Didn't cut any leads and had to snake them around tight spots.  I even had to rotate my tube dampener to make it fit.  I used blu tack to help with resonance since they were mostly floating/loose.   Horace is right.  Straight out of the box, very impressive!  I think this upgrade takes this DAC to the next level.  I was planning on putting the Auricaps in my other Havana, which still have stock 0.1uF...
Reopened - selling a second unit.  Pictures updated.
  Late delivery from Santa.     The big 10uF ones will go in Von Gaylord Legend speakers, bypassed with Audyn True Copper 0.22uF.
Wouldn't it depend on the location of the capacitors?  I mean if it's power supply or input caps can't you just turn it on and play music, but with the preamp/amp off?
That sucks! Try removing the board from the chassis and playing it off of just the board. One time I couldn't get a signal after trying to keep capacitor leads long and tucking them under the board. After clipping the leads it was okay again. Maybe there is some contact with the chassis? I am probably the last person who can diagnose an electronics problem but worth a try.
 If you are willing to spend the money, go with Duelund.  I don't think you will be disappointed.  I've never heard of anybody disappointed with CAST.  I don't think it will fit unless you leave the cover off, though.  They are enormous caps.   S-Cap is warmer than Clarity MR, but not as warm as TC, and more detailed than both.  Transparency and tonal realism is superior to Clarity MR, but more importantly I find it much more musical and engaging. "However it may be a bit...
Whoa, smaller values of Duelund CAST Cu are now available.  Tempted to replace the 0.01uF CuTF caps... at $450 *ouch*   http://www.partsconnexion.com/capacitor_film_duelund_pio_elec_new.html   Hell, I am tempted to build a custom enclosure and replace ALL film caps with Duelund - the KING of caps!  It would only cost upwards of $2k, not counting the output caps I already have.     I wish Rike would make a copper foil version of the S-Cap.  I bet that would sound...
I just replaced the ClarityCap MR in my Magnepan 1.6 series crossover with Rike S caps. With only 9 hours on them... I am astounded! WOW! The separation, precision, detail and simultaneous coherence, flow, dynamics, balance, natural tone... These are going to end up in every piece I have modded in one way or another. If I had to nit pick, once again I would agree with Tony Gee - a little more richness, though they are in no way lightweight or thin - and tonal color,...