Posts by Louis8ball

LOL --- That's good to hear, Dobber (about not being mugged yet) Thanks again for all of the comments and advice!
Well, jjmai, funny thing is, is I don't consider myself to be a "basshead". The music I listen to does not always have a lot of bass in it to begin with. I have a wide variety of musical interests, but a lot of what I've been listening to lately has been a lot of classic rock from the 60's, 70's, and 80's (Bob Dylan, Bruce Spingsteen, Boston, Journey, REO Speedwagon, The Who, The Moody Blues, Tom Petty, The Cars, Creedence Clearwater Revival. . .I'm sure you get the...
@Search --- You're absolutely right about convincing my wife about something like this --- LOL --- As far as the tips go, I would appreciate that very much. I'll have to get back with you, as I am at work right now (have been all night tonight), and am getting ready for my shift to end). I'll talk later. . . Thanks again to everyone for their comments and advice
Well, I'm kind of in the same boat as far as the Senn's go. The CX500's used to be mine, but somewhere along the line I seem to have either lost or misplaced those other tips as well. Now the Senn's belong to my wife, and although I have tried switching them to see which ones give the best fit and seal, I am kind of stuck because I now no longer know which pair of tips is supposed to go with which pair of IE's. But nevertheless, as it stands though, I do presently have the...
LOL --- OK @ Epi: My source is an iPod Touch (2nd or 3rd gen), 16GB. By the way, Epi have you ever heard the bass response of the Sennheiser CX500. . .and if so, what did you think (compared to either or both editions of the Turbine models)? @ the search never ends: Maybe you have a point. . .maybe I just need to find someone on eBay who is selling just the tips, and buy them ridiculously cheap. Maybe if I do, I'll find the bas of the Pro's to be much more...
@shigzeo and epi: Yes, you probably have a good point regarding how having a good seal provides a better bass sound. I agree with that wholeheartedly. However, unfortunately, I seem to have missplaced that little plastic baggy that I had all of my other tips in I find Dobber65's review of the Pros very helpful as well. He compares them with the original Turbines. In so doing he stated in his comparison of the 2 was that the Pros do have a warmer sound, and that the...
I appreciate that, Ephitless. I have owned and listened to a few other IE's in the very recent past, including Bose IE's, Sennheiser CX500's and Creative EP630's. The Bose provide absolutely NO seal whatsoever, so I will never own another pair of them (sold them on eBay about a year ago). The CX500's and EP630's both offer phenomenal sound (the bass that the CX500's offer has remained pretty much unsurpassed until now, IMHO, but I gave the CX500's to my wife recently ---...
Well, maybe its a bit late for this response (been a couple months ago now, but, anyway. . .). . .so what's the verdict. . .which one wins the contest between the Denon C551's and the Klipsch Image S4's?
Well, I appreciate that advice. But to be honest, my price range unfortunately does not go up that high (for me to consider the IE8's --- I just read that one can fork out anywhere between 300 to 400 dollars, retail for those cans. Were my budget a little more allowing, I'm sure I would consider them, though. Right now, I am reading up on some reviews of both the S4's and the Turbines (by users here at this website). My budget is basically no more than about a hundred...
I appreciate your info regarding this. I own a pair of the Pros, and although they do indeed have a very warm presentation over the entire audio spectrum, however, I still think that the bass could be a bit more punchy. Here (with the Pros) it is there, but a bit laid back. It mixes in great with the other frequencies, but sometimes leaves a bit to be desired, IMHO. So, I am most likely going to try either the original Monsters or the Klipsch Image S4's next. . . Thanks!