Posts by Louis8ball

X
Slightly used pair of HDJ-2000's. I prefer to trade these if possible, for a (slightly used) pair of Monster Turbine Pro (Copper) IE's.   These have had very little use since I have owned them. They look and sound excellent, and have lots and lots of great use left in them. They have hardly been used at all.   I'll ship these USPS Priority Flat Rate Mail, preferably within the US only.   These are also on eBay right now, and I'll remove the listing just as...
Cool. . .what brand of earphones/headphones are you breaking in, if you don't mind me asking?  
I'd say that combo is likely to be the most effective. I usually mix it up myself like that, too. But since finding this thread, I'm a little more inclined to focus my efforts a little more in the direction of using pink noise more than anything else.
Wow, only 15 minutes at a time, huh? I have read so many differing views on this topic. The guy who put out the free generator that for the link which I posted above suggests 2 hours at a time, with 30 minute breaks in-between.   Crap, you've got me concerned, now because I just had my new Vibes going on pink noise for much longer than 15 minutes   Anyway enough about the burn-in stuff, hope I'm not beating a dead horse here
For those who were concerned about paying for pink noise samples 3 years ago (much earlier in this thread, obviously), here is a link to a site where you can download a FREE generator (which also happens to play white noise, as well as some particular frequency sweeps & pure test tone, too):   http://www.burninwave.com/generator_dl.htm     EDIT:  I wouldn't use this option at this point now. Someone has hacked into that site, and infected it with a very...
X
@BennyBoy: Not to change the subject, but hey I really like your profile pic. Also thought I'd comment on a few of you who have placed the Vibes on your lists. . .glad to see that. I just invested in a pair, and was actually not happy with them until just a day or 2 ago, but after giving them a 2nd chance with a little more burn in time, I can really start hearing the overral SQ warm up quite a bit.
These are now unavailable. Bumbity bump bump bump, whatever the heck that means
I have a pair of V-Moda Vibes which I received last week. I am hoping to either sell or trade them for something else. I have given them no more than about 50 hours of burn-in since I received them. They are, for all intents and purposes in 'like new' condition. I paid $60.00 for these a week ago, and bought them directly from the V-Moda website, and I am asking the same for them. I'm not really that concerned about how much (or how little) one can get them for on...