Posts by Louis8ball

I am wondering if anyone here has a pair of the ORIGINAL (1st edition) V-Moda VIBES they would be willing to part with. Even better if they have some that are either the Flashback Chrome edition, or the Nero's (although I am not really sure if the Nero's were ever included as part of that First Inclusion or not). But color is not as important as the earphones are, themeselves, though.   Not interested in anything that has wires or cables frayed or pulled apart. They...
Piece of music with the most eerie heart-wrenching moment of sadness:   How about the piece of music which was being played in the movie 'Titanic', just as Rose was discovering Jack had died. . .it might be called 'Hymn to the Sea'. . .    
Up for sale, a slightly used pair of UE700 IE's.     NEW PRICE --- $80.00 (USD) SHIPPED     Included will be 5 pairs of silicon tips (of varying sizes), and one pair of large rounded Comply Foam Tips. I will also include the carrying/storage container, and the original box and packaging (although the original packaging/box is/are not necessarily in immaculate condition (they have seen some wear and tear from use). These 700's came in the box with the "new" UE...
Yeah, its funny you mention the Comply's. I actually do own a pair of them (which came with my UE700's). And I tried them with the S4's recently. But I think this pair of Comply's is too big for my ears. I can't make them comfortable in my ear canal, and almost feel like I have to force them in, in order to get a good seal. Granted, once they are in, it seems they are in to stay, but they don't feel very comfortable to me, personally.   But not a bad idea, otherwise...
  @caliskimmer: Yeah, I do realize that and I am almost up to the 200 hour mark, myself with these. Also, one thing I have read here in other places is that some people are more sensitive to sibilance than others. I am kind of shooting for a new goal of 250 hours, and so then we'll see. . .maybe after that if it still bothers me enough, perhaps someone here (who isn't as sensitive to that harshness as I am) might be willing to do an even trade with me, say the S4's for...
Glad to hear that, thanks for sharing! As a matter of fact I am in the process of still burning my pair in as I type this. I am already up to over 180 hours, using a mixture of both music and pink noise.   Despite all of the controversy about burn-in, I can only say good things about it (from my own experiences with it). So give those S4's some more time, and I believe they will sound even better (whether you specifically "burn them in", OR just use them as you...
So, just out of curiosity, I see you had elected to use the Klipsch Eargels as opposed to the Foamies for a particular time frame (with your Atrio's). Is there a particular benefit you find with the Eargels that you did not experience with the Foamies? And if so, do you think the Eargels would work well for me with my S4's? Or should I just stick with the Foamies (or Hybrids), instead?   Thanks
Hi,   I would like to know if anyone out there has any extra (medium-sized) Shure Black Foamies laying around, that they don't intend on using. I want to try them out on my Klipsch Image S4's.   Right now a trade would work best for me. Believe it or not, I don't have much to trade, but I AM willing to part with the following:   -One pair of rather large sized (used) Comply Foam Tips   AND/OR. . .   -A pair of (stock) Apple Ear Buds (which I have only...
OK, cool. Thanks navmau, appreciate it much. I'll have to check out those Shure tips!! Does anyone know of a price range, or where I can get them (preferably medium-sized)?
Hi,   I would like to know if anyone out there has any extra (medium-sized) Sony Hybrid eartips laying around, that they don't intend on using. I want to try them out on my Klipsch Image S4's.   Right now a trade would work best for me. Believe it or not, I don't have much to trade, but I AM willing to part with the following:   -One pair of rather large sized (used) Comply Foam Tips   AND/OR. . .   -A pair of (stock) Apple Ear Buds (which I have only...