Posts by Louis8ball

Glad to hear that, thanks for sharing! As a matter of fact I am in the process of still burning my pair in as I type this. I am already up to over 180 hours, using a mixture of both music and pink noise.   Despite all of the controversy about burn-in, I can only say good things about it (from my own experiences with it). So give those S4's some more time, and I believe they will sound even better (whether you specifically "burn them in", OR just use them as you...
So, just out of curiosity, I see you had elected to use the Klipsch Eargels as opposed to the Foamies for a particular time frame (with your Atrio's). Is there a particular benefit you find with the Eargels that you did not experience with the Foamies? And if so, do you think the Eargels would work well for me with my S4's? Or should I just stick with the Foamies (or Hybrids), instead?   Thanks
Hi,   I would like to know if anyone out there has any extra (medium-sized) Shure Black Foamies laying around, that they don't intend on using. I want to try them out on my Klipsch Image S4's.   Right now a trade would work best for me. Believe it or not, I don't have much to trade, but I AM willing to part with the following:   -One pair of rather large sized (used) Comply Foam Tips   AND/OR. . .   -A pair of (stock) Apple Ear Buds (which I have only...
OK, cool. Thanks navmau, appreciate it much. I'll have to check out those Shure tips!! Does anyone know of a price range, or where I can get them (preferably medium-sized)?
Hi,   I would like to know if anyone out there has any extra (medium-sized) Sony Hybrid eartips laying around, that they don't intend on using. I want to try them out on my Klipsch Image S4's.   Right now a trade would work best for me. Believe it or not, I don't have much to trade, but I AM willing to part with the following:   -One pair of rather large sized (used) Comply Foam Tips   AND/OR. . .   -A pair of (stock) Apple Ear Buds (which I have only...
Thanks. I'll continue to burn them in with that in mind, and might also try the Hybrids, as well
Hi,   Please forgive me for resurrecting such an old "dead" thread here. But after reading some of the comments (especially the first few in this thread), does anyone recommend the Sony Hybrid tips for use with the S4's? My main goal right now is to mask (or eliminate) the harsh sibilance.   Thanks
  I think that's a fantastic idea, and I do appreciate that suggestion very much. But I do have just one question regarding this method though. I am finding that my pair (which I'm still burning in right now) seems to have a very harsh sibilant edge to them (on certain song tracks), so doesn't it stand to reason that boosting the treble will only exasperate this harsh sibilant shrill.   And, if you don't mind, might I ask how you have dealt with this sibilance, in your...
  Hi, OK, I have a question for you. I hope you can help. I too am trying these out for the first time. I am in the process of burning them in now, and am up to about 145 hours or so (I have used a mixture of both pink noise and music). As I was getting near the 145 hour mark I decided to listen in to some music during the burn-in process, and couldn't help but notice quite a bit more sibilance than I really wanted to hear at this point.   Can you (or someone) please tell...
First off, I'd say you should identify what aspect or aspects you enjoy most about the music you listen to (ie --- do you prefer a lot of bass, or is this the least of your concerns. Do you instead like a balanced sound, or are you moved more by a good deal of treble, mid-range, full-bodied sound, etc., etc., etc,. . .)   Also, identifying what type (or types) of music you listen to most often will help you find a good headphone (or earphone), as well.   Then. ....