Posts by Louis8ball

Hi,   Please forgive me for resurrecting such an old "dead" thread here. But after reading some of the comments (especially the first few in this thread), does anyone recommend the Sony Hybrid tips for use with the S4's? My main goal right now is to mask (or eliminate) the harsh sibilance.   Thanks
  I think that's a fantastic idea, and I do appreciate that suggestion very much. But I do have just one question regarding this method though. I am finding that my pair (which I'm still burning in right now) seems to have a very harsh sibilant edge to them (on certain song tracks), so doesn't it stand to reason that boosting the treble will only exasperate this harsh sibilant shrill.   And, if you don't mind, might I ask how you have dealt with this sibilance, in your...
  Hi, OK, I have a question for you. I hope you can help. I too am trying these out for the first time. I am in the process of burning them in now, and am up to about 145 hours or so (I have used a mixture of both pink noise and music). As I was getting near the 145 hour mark I decided to listen in to some music during the burn-in process, and couldn't help but notice quite a bit more sibilance than I really wanted to hear at this point.   Can you (or someone) please tell...
First off, I'd say you should identify what aspect or aspects you enjoy most about the music you listen to (ie --- do you prefer a lot of bass, or is this the least of your concerns. Do you instead like a balanced sound, or are you moved more by a good deal of treble, mid-range, full-bodied sound, etc., etc., etc,. . .)   Also, identifying what type (or types) of music you listen to most often will help you find a good headphone (or earphone), as well.   Then. ....
I owned the Vibes and used them exclusively as my primary IE for quite a while. But unlike many of those spoken of here, I am thinking mine must have been a later gen edition, because the one I had, had the V-Plug Jack design (much more sturdy than the straight plug design). I never had any issues with the plug.   I did have to initially send back the first pair of them I bought, because of a 'crinkle' noise I heard in the left earpiece upon insertion (each and every...
RE0 by HiFiMan V-Moda VIBE's = UE700 = Klipsch Image S4 Monster Turbine Pro Gold Sennheiser CX500 = Creative EP-630 Bose IE's
I realize this might be a bit off-topic, but I just wanted chime in and say I can't agree with you more about this. I recently purchased a pair of "refurbished" Monster Turbine Pro Coppers, from off of Amazon. As soon as I opened up the box, examined the earphones and took a listen, I knew something was definitely wrong, and I sent them back for refund. They sounded terrible, and one side (the right side) was actually way overemphasized, compared to the left-hand side...
How much use (break-in) had your Beat/Tours had prior to this comparison? Were the Beats already burned-in, and which Tour/Beats are you referring to, the IE's or the OE's?   Also, did you use the exact same song sample, at the exact same volume level, using the exact same source --- all for this comparison you did? What type of iPod are you using? Was the sound level the same for the song(s) you are listening to for the comparison --- if not, go back and re-create...
Bump