Posts by Arnaldo

Gershwin: Piano Concerto in F, Rhapsody in Blue, Cuban Overture - Nakamatsu (piano), Tyzik (conductor), Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra - Harmonia Mundi   Mozart: Piano Concertos 17 & 20 - Ashkenazy (conductor, piano), Orchestra di Padove e del Veneto - Exton   Prokofiev: Piano Concertos 1, 2 & 4 - Gavrylyuk (piano), Ashkenazy (conductor), Sydney Symphony - Triton   Prokofiev: Piano Concertos 3 & 5 - Gavrylyuk (piano), Ashkenazy (conductor), Sydney Symphony -...
Bach: Easter Oratorio, Ascension Oratorio - Retrospect Ensemble Bartok: Concerto for Orchestra etc. - Zoltan Kocsis Beethoven: Complete Piano Sonatas - Peter Takács Mahler: Symphony No. 3 - Honeck Mahler: Symphony No. 6 - Fischer Mozart: Requiem - Scottish Chamber Orchestra/Mackerras Mussorgsky: The Power of the Orchestra - Leibowitz Prokofiev: Violin Concertos Nos 1 & 2, Solo Sonata - Steinbacher, Petrenko Stravinsky - Paavo Järvi Stravinsky:...
"Small handfull of people"? "The rest of us"? "To a larger number of people"? Respectfully, I doubt these generalizations can be qualified with actual numbers. Again, what I've witnessed here - including the sad state of this thread - is that for the most part you get the same old compulsive members posting indiscriminately on subjects they lack extensive experience with. Please notice that I said "for the most part." This trend extends to the point that those who may...
As an occasional visitor to head-fi, I kinda get the impression that this forum is more about indoctrination than discussion. I also bought my Ed 10 for a substantial discount, with basically no expectations after reading comments posted in another thread. To my surprise, the phones revealed themselves to be outstanding performers, specially in terms of soundstaging, which unfortunately, seems less relevant here than an occasional sibilance on the voices of contraltos...
I got my SR-009/SRM-727II combo directly from Stax USA a few weeks ago. Suffice to say that my upgraditis should be under control for quite a while. I'll advise you though to be patient with the SRM-727II, which unlike the SR-009, does require some burning in.    
I've been pairing the SR-009 with a SRM-727II for a few weeks now. Suffice to say that I was not that impressed at first, with a somewhat flat perspective and lack of detail, specially in the background. But after about 30 hours or so, the sound suddenly opened up to an almost unbelievable level, specially with high-rez classical SACDs. Both foreground and background are now extremely detailed, while soundstaging is as vast as possible but still quite precise.   I've read...
Petrushka; Pulcinella; Symphonies of Wind Instruments Jaap van Zweden, Netherlands Radio Phil Rite of Spring, Apollon Musagete Jaap van Zweden, Netherlands Radio Phil L' Histoire du Soldat, Dumbarton Oaks, Concerto in D, Suite 1 & 2 Paavo Järvi, Bremen Chamber Phil Symphony in 3 Mouvements, Pulcinella, Four Etudes Pierre Boulez, Chicago Symphony Orch  
SPL Phonitor, Model 2731 Black, Serial No. 11.2731.00169. From original owner, in absolute mint condition and with all packaging materials. Price includes PayPal and ground shipping.   PS: I'm also selling an Ultrasone Edition 10 (http://www.head-fi.org/t/622965/ultrasone-edition-10), with a special package price of US$2,650 for both items.
Ultrasone Edition 10, serial no. 413. Price includes PayPal and (US) shipping. In mint condition from original owner, with natural darkening of the leather (just like my Edition 8 LE). All packaging materials, including box and stand.