Posts by decay

Quote: Originally Posted by titaniumx3 I'm guessing these have been answered before but what the hell: - What are the 'spikey' eartips for? Surely they don't go into your ears. - Does the bass knob act as some sort of bass port? When I cover it, bass output drops right down. Left me a bit worried considering that dirt and whatnot could easily block such a tiny hole. They do indeed go into your ears, and you may find that they are some of...
IMO any of these would stay fit, IE8 does come with a pair of ear hooks that really hold the cables in case of rigorous physical activities, they are pretty light and once you twist them around to fit your ears you'll forget they are there after a while (that's how I lost one... I forgot that I still wore them when I took off the IE8) As for flat frequency response, check out Headroom's graphs to get a geist but take it with a glass of seawater, because what tip you use...
@dragoonf144 Thanks, but you haven't seen nothing yet... The mod in my avatar is nothing overkill-wise compared to what I'm playing with now. I do give some rough lovin', hopefully they can handle it cuz otherwise I'll have to find a new housing
Tip mods are kind of like custom tips, what works for one might not work another. If you wish to have another go though, don't hesitate to pm me and describe where you are stuck, i.e. why do you think you can't get a seal. I can give you a few tips to try that could help. As for aesthetics, the Frankenstein bolts fail. It's intended for getting the best sound in places that you won't care about looks and isolation. Custom tips IMO will be best for other situations.
@MetroBBoy YMMV, many also loved them straight out of the box, and most said that the first 24 hrs give the most improvement. You can definitely use the money saved to order custom tips, and that combo beats SE530 any day(except isolation).
Depending on your store's return policy, I'd recommend another 2 weeks or so not just for burn-in but also for you testing different tips and different ways to wear/insert them. As for the amount of burn-in IE8 requires it's quite out there, many heard huge differences after the first 24 hours, others 200hrs and more, and some like me 400hrs and more for the first change (bass no longer bloats and muddy and colors as much, headstage opening up). The ways to burn them...
I already wear one:
@Ed seedhouse: Golly! Sir, if you want talk empirical evidence, please post the procedure and result of a scientific experiment similar to one containing 10 dynamics IEM/headphone, 1 500 hr burned-in another, completely unused and the rest randomly burned. Providing the identified burn-ed/not burn-ed IEM/headphone as a reference, the administers telling them to listen to the other 8 IEM/headphone and identify which ones are burned-in which is not. If the test want to be...
@Ed Seedhouse: It's a moot point debating whether your ear adapted to the new IEM or your perception changed, the question is is that enough to explain what we experienced? No, with the IE8 appreciation thread as the source of information, just statistically line up people who heard IE8 changed with burn-in and who haven't and you'll find an overwhelming majority who did. IMO what you are trying to do is to shove us (people who heard the change) into a...
You can hardly get any sibilance with IE8, and personally never.