Posts by elitiste

Thanks for recommending Rockbox. Would look into it as well.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn The Cowon D2 can play .flac, .ape, and .wav files but it's still limited to 16GB internal memory. It has an SDHC slot and when they finally come out with a 32GB version, get a 32GB SDHC card and you'll meet your storage requirements. It's a great sounding player. The fact tht it plays .flac and .ape files sounds fantastic! I would investigate it further amongst the retailers here. Thanks a lot! By looking...
BTW, the sound quality doesn't have to be outstanding because a lot of the listening will be done while on the road or in an airplane cabin. But the ability to drive a decent closed-back headphone is important.
This is my very first post on Head-fi so please bear with me. I’m looking for a large capacity portable media player with good sound quality to replace or complement my Sony Ericsson Walkman cellphone. My requirements are: -Large capacity (60GB or larger), potentially can be used as a portable hard drive to backup important files -Can play lossless music such as those encoded in APE, FLAC and WAV -Good sound quality, good DAC, potentially can drive a standard 30+ ohm...