Posts by elitiste

No reply yet? Let me give it a bump. I need to get this purchase done soon.
Hi All, I posted a thread two weeks ago asking abut alternatives to Audio Technica ATH-M50 studio monitor headphones that I was thinking about buying. I am looking to get another over-the-head headphone to complement my K702. It’s been suggested that I consider Ultrasone. (My post in the Ultrasone section is not getting answered so I thought I'd try my luck here.) I unfortunately know very little about its products aside from it’s strong reputation in professional gears....
No love yet? Maybe I should post this under the full-sized headphones section?
Hi All, I posted a thread a week ago asking abut alternatives to Audio Technica ATH-M50 studio monitor headphones that I was thinking about buying. I am looking to get another over-the-head headphone to complement my K702. It’s been suggested that I consider Ultrasone. I unfortunately know very little about its products aside from it’s strong reputation in professional gears. My orginal thread is posted here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/abo...d-look-421064/ My...
I found a thread about Ultrasone HFI-780s. They look very handsome. Has anybody had the chance to compare them with the M50s? Ultrasone is also into making professional headphones.
Where are the M50s made? Taiwan?
Quote: Originally Posted by milkweg I received my M50s yesterday. Sound quality is good and more neutral than my DT990pro but I prefer the SQ of DT990pro overall. ... Decent headphones but won't be replacing my DT990pro any time soon. M50 I will mostly use for guitar practice. Hi Milkweg, thanks for suggesting this. After looking the DT990 Pro up, I noticed that it's an open back headphone. I already have a K702 so am really looking for a...
Hey folks, let's keep this civil. No need to get personal. We are only talking about headphones here.
Could anybody tell me where the ATH-M50s are made? I heard they are made in Taiwan?
I was at a rock concert over the weekend and saw the camera men wearing the German Maestros, the ones with a microphone mouthpiece attached. The concert was incredibly loud with the bass just a bit shy of being boomy. I'd say that if the GM strives in this type of environment, their sound isolation much be top notch.