Posts by Hoagie

I think you need to read the comment with a sense of humor
I don't the dac will work with either Apple device. I think you are limited to an amp only. My experience is the my iPods do well with an external amp when you use a line out connection Using a mini to mini connection adds volume, but does not make much difference sound wise. I would get an e11k or an e12 and a line out for the phone and leave the shuffle alone
Vali. By a wide margin. Now you have read conflicting reports. Good luck with your decision
I'm not disagreeing with you Krutsch. In fact I belive you and I are in agreement. If you listen to two different headphones and feel one is better, then that is what matters. You are not making a choice and calling one headphone superior because of a "majority opinion or cost. I get a bit tired of those who use the premise that because headphone A costs more than headphone B that it is superior, or if most people say that headphone A is better than B then it is, as you...
In a hobby as subjective as this, if you prefer a less expensive model like the 598 over the 650 then it's not inferior to you. You may be in disagreement with others, but it does not matter. Too many people keep thinking that more expensive, or a majority opinion is the controlling factor
Hifi, midfi, low fi ought to be based on sound. Cost should not be a part of this classification. Too many times I see statements that indicate the writer' s conclusion that a headphone is better just because it costs more. My opinion, is that these certainly are not low fi, or low midfi. Value on the other hand: should take cost into account
Why do you call them low middle? Going by cost, fidelity or some other criteria?
I just bought the small HIFIMAM amp and I am using the stock tubes. I prefer this to the to the Asgard 1. Right now I have to maintain two residences, so have the vali on order. I am expecting a similar performance
Depends on what you mean by better sound. I like the akg 404 better. Same size, and headband. Closed with better pads. Definitely a different sound signature. Darker with more base
I would not worry about high fI, low fi or anything in between. Today's top level will be tomorrow's mid level. Sooner or later many of us will quit chasing and just say good enough Music is supposed to be fun and I still think the akg 240 monitors I bought 30 years ago are the best for blues and classic rock even though 240's today are a 5th level headphone