Posts by loserica

Quote:Thank you for these detailed informations.  I think you achieved a very analog sound. You said before "things kinda got out of control with all the modding". What do you mean exactly? In other news, if you want to maximize the quality some Black Gate FK near the tube are like fresh air. If I understand what do you mean, mine Rike S-Caps make an exemplary work on dynamics. They control everything very well..Good luck and many pleasant auditions!  
Quote:Thank you for clarification. I'm asking what capacity is right there and how it affects the sound. 2,2uF is HUGE  compared to 0,47uF. I intend to change the output stage and the 0,22uF caps with Duelund also. As it described them Eugene, I think I will like more the CAST than V-Cap CuTF; but I wonder what capacity is the synergistic there?.. Can you give us some details about the other components that you used them? It's impressive what I saw in pictures! Truly DIY...
Be seriously!  What capacity have Duelund to the output? Thank's!
Hey Guys, I noticed that not only "Partconexion" have Duelund Cast PIO at reasonable price.   For eg. here is sufficient stock now:  http://www.hificollective.co.uk/catalog/castdccu010-022uf-630v-duelund-cast-copper-stock-p-9111.html   Based upon my experience with Havana I would like to try Duelund one day,  not for output (here I'm fully satisfied with V-Cap CuTF). Actually I want to make a comparison between CuTF at 0,22uF and Duelund. "PIO" capacitors are one of...
I agree, Eugene.  S-Caps are very neutral and create the feeling of capacitors disappearance (without caps)...Instrument and voice tonal colours are very slightly enhanced over no cap. I think, they are the best for Havana in this price category. They works very well in this DAC! If I had more money, would have changed all film capacitors with Duelund Cast PIO. If Rike sounds so good, I imagine how would sound Duelund. Would be close to perfection, IMHO..  ... however,...
I see already some Black Gate and V-Caps there ...Oscon's are the best for the digital stage section, no doubt. @Joel, when you start a modding with this beauty?
Gorgeous!!!
   Quote: I'm trying an answer based on my experience.  You are close to the truth, Robert. Your old Havana was very well upgraded and was similar to mine (both we have used V-Cap CuTF, Black Gate N, F, some FK, K-grade BB chips, the same tubes, etc.). The differences between the stage where you stop before selling your Havana and these last upgrades that we have made (me and Eugene) are impressive. Believe-me! Havana it is capable of deep bass and very extensive highs...
 I've owned both, the eXStatA (SS) and Stax SRM-006tII. I've not heard 323S, but based upon my "Stax" experience I can make some logical deductions. eXStatA had the same texture as SRM-006tII, but better speed, resolution and presentation of microdetails, superior separation. These DIY amp are a very good solutions for Stax earspeakers. Certainly drive them better.  ...not to be off-topic, there are some good references...
 I'm going to be little off topic... I like how it sounds SR404LE with Havana. After I decided to change parts, I felt a slight loss of Havana refinement (that "analogue" feel into the music). It's hard to do this without affecting the initial sound balance. You increase the resolution and details step by step and you feel throughout the entire process that something fall behind. I don't know how to explain this.. ..BUT, there was a time when everything returns in the...