Posts by loserica

Did you have a friend who has done or practiced electronics?
I had both of, the "J" Korean grade chip and the "K" Japanese chip. There are perceivable differences between all. But for me, speaking so subjective - differences are smaller compared to other changes like: film capacitors (0,1uF, 0,01uF, 0,22uF, 0,47uF) and all electrolytic capacitors. This is the really critical change for this DAC!I am one of those who made extreme changes (where I was able to make it..) and I can say that the differences between the stock and the...
 This is an older post. For me, the differences between F and FK series are very consistent.FK has a better texture (the richest), great definition/superior articulation and generates the blackest background. I can't imagine Havana without Black Gate FK! I have not felt the full effect of film capacitors (what is said about Rike S-Cap regarding the dynamics, texture and naturalness) until I installed these electrolytics.
A very good review for Rike S-Caps:   http://www.head-fi.org/t/284863/orgy-of-capacitors-the-cap-thread/375
Thank you for this detailed review. I use now the Rike S-Caps (0,1uF) in my DAC and I'm satisfied overall. I like the PIO sound! 
I made the following changes today:   - I switched Elna Silmic II (on the digital section) with Sanyo Oscon (470uF/16V);     - Black Gate F series (100uF/25V) with FK series (the same value, 5 pcs.)   About two weeks ago I changed the four Black Gate F series near the tube (100uF/25V) with FK (220uF/25V).     Follows a little bit of burning-in ... The preliminary conclusions:  Black Gate FK are the best for the analog stage section while Oscon's works perfect...
I replaced today the capacitors marked by arrows (Black Gate 100uf/25V - F series) with four BG 220uf/25V FK series. These are probably the best for the analog stage section!! The change is VERY welcome: superior texture, better attack. With BG FK, vocals and instruments are rendered firmer, with more authority and superior extension. Surprising changes occur on the bass side. Here is more obvious what they do these capacitors.   It is important to have the best...
I was kidding Olivier.    Anyway, the break-in is very important becouse I still perceive changes into sound. Transparency is incredible.   I can not explain where they come instruments... I feel similar to, but only now really: it disappears hi-fi system and all that remains in the foreground is music. Just the music!!.. PS: After 400 hours of break-in, you can say are starting to get into role these capacitors. So, you can notice a very good extension, a greater stage;...
 Definitely they aren't break-in enough!!
You mean the Rike? if so, I think that is dynamics (the dynamic range) of this capacitors. This creates quiet spaces in the music, quiet instruments are quieter, and louder notes are louder and more forward. S-Caps make the music to sound more natural and realistic compared to other capacitors. Auricap for example, sounded dry whereas S-Cap sound is lively and open with a more obvious flow and liquidity. I noticed a better transparency that makes the sound more realistic...