Posts by loserica

Hi, The last upgrade has brought a substantial improvement for Havana. It is a BIG improvement, seriously speaking. I will put a picture with the latest modifications, soon.   http://www.head-fi.org/t/310441/mhdt-havana-dac/2490   One of the reasons for which I intend to sell Havana was that I needed the money for others hobbies and because I was not totally satisfied with Havana for over two thousand dollars spent for unit and components (upgrades).. But now I know...
Temporary out for sale.
Hi, for those who use the usb interface, I recommend to put  good capacitor in the place marked with blue arrow (near the transformer):   Note: I did not get to put a new picture, this is an older image and does not contain modifications.         So,...I  replace the F BG series (100uF/25V) with Black Gate FK (220uF/25V) and Sanyo Oscons with Black Gate FK. BG FK and N series are better compared to Oscons. It was a permutation of four capacitors, for me it is not...
Yes, it is true. I'm a little surprised it has not been sold yet.
Hi,I had a very pleasant surprise after I sold ART Legato, becouse currently I use Havana on the USB input with AQ Coffee connected directly to iMac (OS X Mavericks) and Logitech Media Server & Squezelittle. The sound is better (for me).  I still can not believe it. I thought to buy Audiophilleo 2, but very seriously, I'm very satisfied with Havana without transport: better texture, better micro details, better resolution. Probably something has an influence in this...
Hi,   I want Audiophilleo 2 (without Pure Power). Please let me know if you have a piece of the sale. Before I used ART Legato and now I want to try Audiophilleo to see which is more appropriate to my preferences.   Thank you!
Legato was sold.
You will lose a lot of micro details and resolution and dynamics with the stock. With the best capacitors on the market Havana improves the level of resolution and details (but keeping the sound balance, that typical NOS tonality &texture) and compete with $2.500-3.000 converters. This is the difference.
Hi,   Yes, I used almost two years Legato with the original cable. Coffee is better, or I liked it more than the original A-RT usb cable. Coffee give a better dynamic and a little more treble. Of course, the differences are not major but for me enough to replace the original with Audioquest.   Cheers, Horace
Isotek was sold.