or Connect

Posts by Roseval

Try this one: https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?34019-CD-DVD-Drive-Accuracy-List-2014&highlight=CD%2FDVD+Drive+Accuracy+List+2015
The answer is very simple. Normally headpones have a 3 wire connection: L/R + common ground. Today you can get them with a 4 wire connection just like you connect a pair of speakers to an amp. Sennheiser calls this a symmetrical connection.   For some reason or other each and everybody in the headphone world calls it balanced. Of course there is nothing balanced about this wiring schema.
I can only second that.It is possible to add some additional circuitry to measure actual cone movement and compensate for "errors' in its position compared with the signalAn example: http://www.psiaudio.com/en/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/01/psi_audio_descr_aoi.pdf
What you need is a USB to SPDIF converter. The simple one are limited to 96 kHz and don't come with a driver for windows, they use the native driver instead. All other properties (resampling, DTS pass-true) is a matter of configuring either in the Windows sound panel or in the media player. If you are happy with the Transit, maybe this will appeal to you: Behringer U-CONTROL UCA202 Some examples can be found on my...
 I wonder why.A wire works like a antenna.We do have a lot of EMI/RFI going on (WiFi, cell phone).Shielding is simply putting the wire in a cage of Faraday.Won't do harm imho
Maybe it works like a kind of volume leveling. Personally I don't use any of this options as I do think M$ implementations of DSP a bit below par.
Our ears are very bad microphones. They are highly non-linear and this varies with the  loudness. Google a little on “equal loudness contour” or Fletcher-Munson.       As our hearing at low level has problems detecting bass, a little boost will help. Likewise is it become louder, the boost should be decreased.   When done right, it will improve the listening experience.
A USB> SPDIF converter generates a SPDIF stream. The rate of this stream is used by the receiver to generated the sample rate.   A clock is an analog device. It has the normal analog imperfection Its cycle to cycle time will vary, this is called intrinsic jitter.   The bigger the intrinsic jitter the more input jitter at the DAC. This is the simple part, better jitter performance means less input jitter at the DAC.   However, DACs might employ all kind of tricks...
Headphone measurement is rather complex. Not only you have the characteristics of the driver but the reflections inside our ears as well. A good introduction can be found here: http://www.innerfidelity.com/headphone-measurements-explained
As our playback chain is rather complex it is always possible that somewhere some DSP is going on. One option is to convert both the FLAC and the ALAC to WAV and do a binary comparison on the audio part (tags might be different). In general this type of test yield zero differences.   If there are zero differences at bit level, we have the intriguing question how the same bits can sound different depending on the file format. The only explanation I can conjecture up is...