Posts by sly_in_the_sky

You are welcome...:-)
 Hello, When setted in the position 3, you have to my ears, a sound signature that is really approaching the EM 32. I haven't listened and compared them long enough by now but what I can say is that you have quite the same sound phylosophy (with warm setting). The Em 32 does better here and there... but it's not a clear night/day diference, almost to my ears. I hear a better soundstage, imaging, separation on the Em 32, perhaps more details, a little better bass texture...
I understand  you and I really don't know what to say... in a sense you are right, one should change every time he needs but speaking with ES, I understood that the goal when having the velvet is to search, to find a setting and not to change to much often. it's true that they tested them for over 1000 time but..I think that a robot doing settings precisely is not like human hands and care. 
You have the right to complain, I don't say they are perfect in that regard but I know ES and I think that they do their best to give the better options.  I had the chance to try first a black pair before receiving my crystal one, so, been able to find the best setting for me and as soon as I received my own pair, setted them once...ET voilà...;-) But if I can give an advice, after having found the best setting, try not to change every day or to often because I think they...
Hello Yobster, Speaking about the metal dial, as I said, it's not just an excuse for scratches but because the screw form and thikness is to much flat and tend to be unusable even faster than the plastic option.  If ES told me this, I think that is true because I don't see any economical reason or other not having putted a metal screw if it was possible or better. Perhaps there's another option, I don't know... perhaps a titanium screw or other... but in inox with this...
it's still in plastic on mine. I directly asket to ES if they projet for the future models to change the dial into a metal option and they kindly explained to me that they tried in their first prototype to have it in metal but finally decide to have it in plastic for several reasons: The dial deep in metal (top of the screw) is to thin and little and tried with a robot to turn up to 1000 times, the result was better with the screw in plastic than in metal because at the...
Thank you Rollk2 and Finkenick...    I will say it to my sister... 
 I Had both on hand (black and as you see, the Crystal) and these last one seems more robust, less scratch sensitive. I can't confirm by now but it semms difficult to see scratches on them as they are translucide... not the same problem than the glossy black version.
Hello,    I received my Velvet Crystal and asked my sister to do some pictures... Here they are...   (Tips: Sensorcom Cable: Estron Linum BaX)            
From what I read about polarity, both dots together have to be in one side or the other. That means that they can be both in front or both in the back but not one in front and the other in the back.