or Connect

Posts by sly_in_the_sky

Concerning sound, I had at the same time the ak 120ii and the Dx 80 (having bought the dx 80 as secondary Dap), using them with my Earsonics Sem9 and all I can say is that I didn't justify the reason to keep the Ak for a so little difference in sound quality.. I was expecting a bigger differrence. I sold the Ak!...
Hello, I also have pop noises (psccht psdhht....) at the beginning and the end (when music volume is low) and I have a 64 gb Transcend and a 32 Gb Sandisc... both with only Flac... I use Earsonics SEM9. Also made a factory reset but pop noises remain... With 1.4 it was less audible... back to it for me. Edit: I restart one or two times the player and now the pop noise seems to be less present...
If you need a picture, dont worry, you can take it...:-) Your photos are also great, congrats...:-)
Excellent review flinckenick, thank you and congratulations!... I owned the Velvet and the Sem6 and I totally agree with you about your comparisons with them.
No, Velvet were to my ears less dynamic, contrasts are less high so perhaps better for very long listening sessions in "high" volume. But what's incredible with the Sem9, is that you can listen to music on very low volume without sacrificing anything...
Thank you Flinkenick.:-)
Yes, I have seen... my sister who took the photos will be proud...:-)
I think so... But it's a subjective point of view... It depends on many subjective factors, it must be taken with a grain of salt... Someone with different sensitivity will say that Em32 have to much fatiguing sub bass for example... (not for me) But I think that energic treble, details and dynamic "can" cause strain depending on volume, tastes, age, ears problems and so on...
You are welcome Rollk2...:-) But sincerly, even if Sem9 are a step above the Em32 technically, I would not sell the Em32 due to the fact that I love them for long period listening... I have to admit one thing, is't a subjective point of view but due to the treble energy of the Sem9, their details and micro-details in all the spectrum and their dynamics, sometimes, I can't listen to them to much loud for a very very long period (it must be my age...;-))... I don't have...
You are weclome Aras. As I remember, it's near the quantity of Velvet on balanced mode but their quality is more controlled, tight, textured and layered.