Posts by Jewmeister

^just joined, only two more needed!
You're right about the DAC. It's quite good for $25, sounds about the same as my HRT Music Streamer 2.   It seems like the general advice I'm getting is to spend the $200 now on an amp and more on a DAC upgrade later. I'll probably get the Little Dot or some other similar tube amp and a Gustard DAC later on...   Thanks!
I'm very confident that I will only ever want USB input for this rig so the other inputs don't add value for me.   It sounds like you're saying a better upgrade path would be Audio-GD dual DAC chips> inexpensive tube amp. Rather than Aune tube DAC> expensive solid state amp?   In that case why not just do the original idea of Muse DAC> Littledot followed by a DAC upgrade down the road?   I guess my question is, do you think that Audio-GD(DAC only) > Cheap tube amp,...
Thanks for the feedback! I've heard good things about Audio-gd before.   I priced the nfb 15 at $290 to my door. Would you say it's $100 better than the Aune T1?   Is it upgradeable? Can I add a better amp and just use the DAC functionality from it and still get a better value than going the Aune T1 route?   I must admit the ability to "roll" tubes on the Aune T1 is a big positive for me.
I'm currently running computer audio through Foobar(WASAPI)> Muse Audio DAC (Cheap USB DAC)> Fiio 09k> Beyer DT880 600 OHM or DT770 250 OHM   I've been thinking about getting an Aune T1 but am not sure it will be enough for the 880.   An alternative I've been looking into is the Little Dot MKII as it's about the same price as the Aune, but would require continued use of the cheap DAC.   I'll be putting another $300-500 into this rig at some point, but for now I'm...
In case anybody is now interested in the difference between MODI and MODI 2 due to the $30 price difference, I had the following exchange with Schiit CS today:   Me(2:05):  I know it might be tough for you to answer this question without bias but: I'm thinking of buying a Modi on Amazon, the original is $90 and the Modi 2 is $120. What do I get for the extra $30? As far as I can tell it's just the higher sample rate options provided by USB 2...
I have a pair of dt880 600 ohm. They are getting on in age (about 6 yrs) but still 7/10 condition with brand new ear pads and perfect sound. Some scratches on the cups, can send pics for serious inquiries.   I just really need something closed for my new office and am willing to TRADE STRAIGHT UP FOR DT770 250 OHM (note the price difference on Amazon...)   I'd also be interested in any Mr Speakers closed headphones and would add cash for that.   Thanks for...
I'd be happy to, if you want to point that button out to me. Can't find it to save my life.
Sold
Is the black dragon worth the extra $25.00? I am using iphone 5 to RSA tomahawk to HD25-1 II. I've been trying to find a decent mini to mini with straight plug, trying to keep the costs down, the only reason I'm not getting the headroom 4" cable is the right angle plug. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Man I wish there was a major comparison of interconnects in the vein of all the great amp and headphone reviews, alas I can't seem to find...