Posts by stokitw

Both GS-1000 and T1 are more leaning to neutrality and accuracy.... Under my current setup (fit for GS-1000), I can say T1 is on par with GS-1000 while HD800 is underwhelmed.. Under some other setup which claims to fit T1 or HD800 better, I still prefer T1 over HD800.  (those setups won't fit GS-1000) I just cannot justify the cost of rebuilding the whole system.  
The new Kleer technology is vastly superior than the old RF transmission. You won't hear anything if the signal quality is too weak, it is digital. You get CD quality or nothing, no more hissing.   I recently got a TDK WR700 from a fellow head-fier. It use 4 AAA batteries (2 in phone, 2 in the transmitter). The transmitter is small, highly portable (smaller than half of your credit card.) I can't find replacement pads for it yet.. I think it can fit your need very well.    
First of all, none of the ANC phones is good for serious listening, period. It is the limitation of the ANC technology, no one can get rid of it. For those phones can still work without turning on ANC, they are overpriced no matter which brand you're talking about. ANC phones typically stress on comfort, therefore they won't provide good isolation without ANC.   The best solution is to get an ANC phone just for where ANC is needed (traveling), and get another phone for...
Thanks for the follow up! I'm thinking about getting s570 as well. Did you notice any fan noise when s370i s running?  
Audiophile headphones like HD800, T1, PS1000 won't worth the money for just a short period of listening either. QC15 is so comfortable, you won't take it off during the flight or trip. I'm not a frequent flyer, but the fact that QC15 helps me rest during my cross Pacific flight, cross continent flight, and long distance driving makes it worth every penny. Everything will be crazily expensive if one just buy it for 5 minutes of coolness.  
I'm selling my more than one year old Sennheiser HD25-1 II. The one I got came with pleather pads and carrying case. I just bought velour pads from B&H last month ($17.85), and I didn't even open the package.   The phones are in pristine condition, I use it 99% indoor in a non-smoking home. I like its sound a lot, this is still the best sounding on the ear phones (I'm not impressed by T5p..). I just do not find myself can listen to on the ear phones for an...
RA-1 is nice. RA-1 works great if you use CD player or good DAC as source. Even if your source is cold sounding, RA-1 can tune the sound back to more natural presentation.   But if you're talking about "portable", RA-1 may not be a great solution for you. RA-1 is not a very powerful amp. For most portable players, RA-1 cannot provide enough juice (yes, you can crank up the volume from your player, but then the output quality of portable player comes into play....) In...
It's not difficult to get GS-1000 loud enough.. The problem is more in the sound signature and control. When I bought ibasso D2 boa as a gift for my friend, I didn't like the sound from it on GS-1000. The sound is cold, and the control is not improved much.. I prefer the sound directly from my Cowon D2 player. Yeah, its a little bit under power using the player itself, but I can't feel the "improvement" from a portable amp on GS-1000....
Do you mean can you switch off crossfeed? The crossfeed is off by default. You have to turn on crossfeed if you want. At least that's the case in m902.  
Any updates? I'm very curious...