Posts by stokitw

earmuffs http://www.amazon.com/Peltor-H10A-Optime-Over-Earmuff/dp/B00009LI4K/ plus earplugs   In terms of reducing noises, this would be your best bet.   Active noise canceling phones are not as good as them in terms db reducing. They provides comparable results on airplane, but not as good in other circumstances.
Yes I am.  
I have D2, not sure about D2+. The internal card reader and the internal sd is very slow. You'll be better off to use other card reader to transfer your files to the external card.   That's why I have no incentive to upgrade my 4gb D2 for such a long time, all I need is a larger additional sd card.
Good for you! Sorry about being silent, kind of busy recently. Also I don't know what else to say about this nice set of headphone. I don't like to common phones on high, mid, bass. To me the key is the sound being believable, and then I'll think about where I'm in the concert hall.   I don't have K240DF, but I have K271. I don't think K271 is up to the same league as GMP450 pro.
Does the GMP 450 Pro show any signs of compression, boxiness, or ressonance in it's sound duo to it's closed back design? This is something that I was able to identify in my audition of the MB Quart QP 450, although only very slightly. These shortcoming were the only thing I realy disliked about it's sound, but I was only able to tell that by comparing it with the QP 400.   Well, it's pretty high task to be less boxiness than a Grado. Within the category of closed back...
From my audition, I think the ability of lower end reproduction is similar between GMP400 and GMP450pro. I don't think they will give you earth shattering low. The relative loose bass of GMP400 is probably caused by the velour pad, but I don't know how different pads works in terms of sound..   I cannot comment too much about amplification, since I got GMP450pro after my main gear being set(i.e. Grace Design m902). The story is that I got a chance to get GMP phones in...
I believe that the pads are changeable, though I don't try it personally.   My impression of GMP400 is largely based on the side by side comparison with GMP450pro. GMP400 has a more boomy sound than GMP450pro. I don't know if that qualify bass heavy. To me this is critical for choosing GMP450pro over GMP400. GMP450pro has better controlled bass, you can clearly find any detail without bass dominating, which is good for classical music. For example, in the second movement...
I find that the sound quality gap between GS-1000 and old flag-ships (e.g. HD650, DT990, K702) is much wider than that between new flag-ships (HD800, T1) and GS-1000. Under my current set up, the latter gap is so small that can be ignored. Even after trying HD800 and T1 on some systems which claim to be a better fit, the cost of rebuilding the whole system is still too much for me.   What I like most and sometimes hate about GS-1000s is that they are cruelly...
Kleer technology is rather new, those headphones utilize this technology are only about one year old... Kleer is not owned by Sennheiser, so you may find different companies have product use this technology.   Currently, Senn RS160, RS170, and RS180 are using Kleer. Older models RS120, RS130, and RS140 are still using RF. I wonder that if you tried the older models.   I owned RS130 (RF) and I currently own TDK WR700 (Kleer), so I know the difference is night and day. It...
If that's your stand, you may be better off getting T1. T1 is slightly more forgiving than GS-1000. Crappy recordings sound very crappy under GS-1000, but crappy yet listenable under T1...