Posts by stokitw

T40 sounds more complete than T20. T20 sounds shallow in comparison.   Mind to get a used one for gift? I actually have one pair of T40 (series I not series II) available for sale..  
Uh, to be honest, I think QC15 qualifies as "warm sound signature and great sound isolation in the 300$ range".   The answer will be how important is noise canceling for you dad. If so, QC15 is the best on the market for comfortness, noise canceling, and sound among noise canceling phones.   One of my own experience may be useful for your purpose. I didn't find myself to use my QC15 very often besides traveling. It's no really because that I have better...
Make sure you find a good match between the source volume and headphone volume. Try to turn up or down the source volume and adjust the headphone volume accordingly.   Even with digital transmission, finding a adequate source volume is still the key of audio quality for wireless phones.  
Ask for $SOLD including shipping. I bought it last year from Amazon around the same price. I never open the box so it is brand new. I have the receipt, and I'll post the photo later.   I accept paypal and other payment methods. Paypal please include 3% fee. Low baller will be ignored.
Nice work. I don't have the urge to make my GMP450 open though. It has the niche to be a closed back phone in my lineup. BTW, I don't prefer GMP400 over GMP450.  
Well, it's write offset problem just like I said.   Offset does not really affect the music part.   Let's say there is one track looks like this: (case A) .....REAL MUSIC DATA IS HERE...   With read offset correctly set and secure ripping, you should be able to get the result above. So the file you ripped will have the same CRC as those of files who ripped with correct read offset. This is how Accuraterip works.   On the contrary, if you do not set offset correctly, your...
For perfectly Burn your ripped CD from EAC, you have to setup the burner's offset too. And preferably, you can use EAC's burning tool which can utilize cue sheet. For just ripping the bit-perfect wav, you only need read offset.   It seems like you didn't setup write offset,  
For piano   http://www.amazon.com/Shostakovich-24-Preludes-Fugues-Op/dp/B0022NG9QW/   This is one of the best recorded piano recording by far. It's not even sacd or blu-ray..............
I actually enjoy reading sugarkang's post, because that is exactly what I'm doing when my friends asking me for recommendations. As a guy who has 5000+ classical CDs, I've been there many many times.   And I figure it is no use to stress on the beginners in finding how great the interpreters are. The great works will prevail with adequate performers. If you have to love Beethoven's 9th symphony from only Furtwangler's interpretation, then Beethoven is not that...
Soundwise you'll be better of using earbud or IEM along with earmuff. Bose QC15's noise canceling is vastly superior than most of its competitors yet it cannot beat the sound from good IEMs with earmuff. However you can wear Bose QC15 for a very long period with or without music just for utilizing the noise canceling, while you have to take off earmuff every couple hours.   I used all of those combination, my conclusion is: If you're finding such a solution for listening...