Posts by stokitw

I agree with your comment on RS1, Grado did deviate from their traditional sound on GS-1000. However, the appearance of HD800, T1, and others following the success of GS-1000 evidence that RS1 is not the answer for a higher level of phones. GS-1000 is the first $1,000 phones with real business success. (unlike K-1000 or others which may be highly acclaimed because of its scarcity for now.  But not a success in business.back then). In terms of sound, it's pretty obvious...
QC15 is the ONE for noise cancelling. In your situation where noise cancelling is most important, you'll regret to sacrifice NC on the plane for SQ off the plane....    
GMP450pro is great for classical. I don't have much experience with other high-end closed-back phones, but GMP450pro is definitely a level better than K271. It is definitely the closed-back choice among its level (K701/K702, DT990, HD650). However, it fits very loose, so it does not provide much isolation and anti-leak..... It is technically a closed-back phone, but it is not like the regular closed-back in terms of isolation....    
Both of them are good.   If you have a system designed for low impedance phones, think about GMP435s. Overall, GMP400/435/450 have very good detail but the very low end is somewhat lacking compare to the higher level (GSK/PSK, T1, HD800) phones. The foam pad GMP400 used gives it a slightly more volume low, but somewhat sacrifice the detail. The closed back GMP450 has a outstanding hall presentation, yet you cannot listen on it for extended period of time. The opened back...
Moravec http://www.amazon.com/Chopin-Nocturnes-Frederic/dp/B000005J03/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307147025&sr=8-1 Rubinstein http://www.amazon.com/Chopin-Collection-Frederic/dp/B000026OW3/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1307147057&sr=8-8 Francois http://www.amazon.com/Icon-Samson-Francois/dp/B0032700TE/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1307147144&sr=1-2   These are somewhat dated recordings, but are outstanding interpretations. Moravec is my personal favorite.   For...
Kodaly: Solo Cello Sonata Op.8              
bump  
Couple tips for dbpoweramp users.   By default, dbpoweramp will use maximum speed for ripping, which would occasionally cause inconsistent reading across different passes. What you can do is to skip those problematic tracks and use lower speed to re-rip them.    
  They are in perfect condition with no marks or scratches. They sound great and are perfect for movies, music and games. What are included: T40 Speakers Stereo-to-stereo Audio Cable (2m) Dual RCA-to-Stereo Adaptor (TV Adaptor) Power Supply   Ship to U.S. only.   I accept paypal, personal check, money order.   Ask for $90 including shipping. Please add 3% if paying via Paypal.   low ballers will be ignored.
m902 works very well with Grado. On m902, I'm not impressed with HD800 comparing with GS-1000. (T1 is nice though). German Maestro GMP450, AKG 271s, AKG 271 MKII, and HD-25-1-II all sounds great with m902. DT990 does not perform well with my m902, although I'm not impressed by DT990 even with those systems are claimed to be a perfect fit...