Posts by Hsiu

I applied Rice U for this fall, Now I feel more that I want to go there
Clip+ is more on the cold side of the sound while without EQ X1060 is on the warm side of the sound. however, CLIP does not have a working EQ but you can EQ the X easy. I cannot tell you if it can drive 780 because when I still have the X I didn't have a full can to test.
paying 200USD for srh840 is paying the full retail price. you can get it for ~150 at J&R, eBay and many other places for even less. 200USD can give you srh840 and left enough money to re-cable them. but they are good headphone although I don't never feel like bring them out (a bit bulky to walk around, I am IEM guy) check the thread for srh840 and D2000 to see how people think of them. of course the best is try to find someone who has them and listening to it with your...
be patient with burn in because it will take really long (200~300 hours). and in the mean time it may has a period of imbalance and not so good sounding, once the burn in complete you will like it even more. beside re-cable, I forget to said the other change I made to my srh840 which is a cut a piece of outer skin of Mogami 2534 and place them into the ear pad of srh840. this will push the pad up allowing bigger space in the ear cup and can be remove easily. this mod...
Quote: Originally Posted by sumitagarwal Anyone else surprised that Null Audio and all the other boutique cable makers haven't made a replacement cable for the SRH840 yet? It's both an obvious high-end headphone to recable, and due to it's design it seems like it would take incredibly little time to develop a simple replacement cable. Quote: Originally Posted by Mphile Wow, amped out of the essence its a whole different headphone...
because 99% of the listener use crap to listen to their music and cannot tell or care for the differences between lossless and 128kbps. not to mention most of the consumer mp3 player don't support lossless audio. most people use iTune , WMP for sorting and playing their music which mean only one lossless format if anyone really try to use it. MP3 is standardized while there are too many lossless format and it will be PITA to store same song is different format. there are...
Quote: Originally Posted by jp_zer0 Really not buying the neutral/studio thing. Maybe for the 440 but the 840 has a definite consumer "U" curve. I am not sure if you have tried other source. with uDAC the mid is indeed laid back compared to my Nokia 5800xm. I test the same songs with srh840 not removed from my head (no position changes) just changing 3.5mm from uDAC to 5800 back and forth. the same vocal become much more engaging and close up with...
Quote: Anyone else surprised that Null Audio and all the other boutique cable makers haven't made a replacement cable for the SRH840 yet? It's both an obvious high-end headphone to recable, and due to it's design it seems like it would take incredibly little time to develop a simple replacement cable. The problem is with the 2.5mm side of the cable (I can't even cut them open). the shape mean most already in market 2.5mm plug are not compatible and need...
Different model does make differences. 5800xm has more than 14 hours of music and almost zero noise (maybe there is but not to my ear) SQ is similar to Clip but Clip is better
no problem, I've been doing this "help you buy PC parts" thingy for years and become a second nature to check spec and compatibility when seeing such question.