Posts by Hsiu

having a expansion card is already uncommon not to mention the latest SDXC which so far I know only a few laptop and Canon 550D (not released yet) has SDXC support. I doubt it will be that quick yet because only audiophiles will use lossless or high bit-rate MP3 which is minority in the market. If you are the manufacturer, do you want people buy 1 player to hold his/her entire collection, or you want people to buy multiple PMP to each hold part of his/her collection....
Quote: Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule Holy cow Hsiu, you sure do have a melon of a head! I have a small/medium-sized head, and the most I can extend it to is to the 3rd notch. So HaiDukken!, I think you'll be fine. And I do use the SRH840 for the dorm as well; it was one of the reasons why I bought these. If you're worried about leaking noise, it will leak somewhat at a reasonable volume, but if there's a little bit of ambient noise around...
I will have my SRH840 with me for sure so that someone with better ear can give their comment. I may or may not have my Laptop and DAC with me since I have a nooby friend come along. hopefully people don't mind that my music are mostly Japanese Anime songs if I bring my source
I don't know how small your head is but mine is pretty big, I have to extend the headphone to the max to wear it. so I think it is fine with small head. Cable comparison: Mogami 2534 vs ALO SXC, Internally my SRH840 is re-cabled with SXC. however due to 3.5mm jack I installed, I can change the external cable easily. I made a 3 wire braid SXC interconnect and a Mogami 2534 interconnect. both are 3 foot long ended with SwitchCraft 3.5mm. since I can not long use stock...
I am glad you like the phone, if you hate the coil cable it looks like Shure is releasing the straight one soon. no need for re-cable anymore unless you want to try thing out. I will not be in the NYC meet but the San Francisco meet with my local friend. I regret we cannot compare re-cable vs stock together though. personally I do not like Grado either, too forward and upshifted for not only anime song but also the hip pop that I tried in B&H. other than recable, I...
I wish they have it earlier, oh well, I already re-cabled mine
15~15kHz left ear, 15~17kHz for my right ear, now everything sound tilted to the right and lack of airiness to the left.
Quote: Originally Posted by qusp crap really?? wow I would never get ANYTHING done . It is just a extra precaution, some people just get too excited with those chemical floating in their blood. they tend to be stupid, dizzy, careless, over confident, shaky hand, reduce vision, increase heart beats......
Quote: Originally Posted by eertelppa Hi guys I know I don't contribute any pictures...yet but I have another question. I was planning on purchasing a 936-12 Hakko soldering station and will need some practice and tutorials. I know someone spent a lot of time typing up a really nice tutorial or making a youtube video. Honestly I have not searched in depth yet, I will once I decide to purchase the soldering station, but it would help filter a lot of...
Quote: Originally Posted by unl3a5h3d I need some help. I have made several cables but when it comes to soldering the pins on the iPod connector I am having problems. I have made 2 successfully, I have also ruined 2, one by my hand slipping and melting all of the plastic and the other by me breaking a pin off inside of it. I need help/suggestions. Please and thanks. Use 15 watt solder do not over tin your solder tip, do not tin the pin, minimum...