Posts by Hsiu

I have both uDAC and Extasy, nothing more expansive. Extasy sound more neutral than uDAC which is really warm. however Extasy does not have any form of volume control so it is outrageously loud on its headphone out. even SRH840 will make you deaf. I do not have amp so I use a radioshack volume control between headphone and Extasy. Extasy without amp and volume control have very noticeable noise which is the same in uDAC when volume turn to the max with sensitive/easy to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Young Spade I'm really thinking about getting a 16gb card off of ebay. I'm currently swapping the 4 gig one from my phone but having... 24 gigs of memory with me would be awesome. I have 16GB card in my Clip+ and it is filling to the neck, even my D2+ (16+32GB) is about to reach the neck. I really wish Sansa can release a 16+GB simple player (like clip+ but bigger is ok) with micro/SDXC slot and longer battery life. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by grokit Another confused post already: I still keep my album, I can accept headphone a little worse but not the pain o losing my album
I choose to lost headphone+amp over album. there is always newer and better headphone or I can buy them again but some of my album can never be found again.
I will say W2, UM3x is pretty dark compared with PFE with quite strong bass quantity. W2 is kind of in between. if your source is on the bright side with less bass quantity, UM3X is perfect. but if the source has strong bass, W2 will be a better suit.
Low end < £100 ($150) AKG K44 (1) AKG K99 (1) AKG K240 Studio (1) AKG K240 Sextett (1) AKG K271 Studio (2) Alessandro MS-1 (2) Alessandro MS-1 (2) Audio Technica ATH-M30 (1) Audio Technica ATH-M50 (4) Audio Technica ATH-AD700(3) Audio Technica ATH-WS70 (1) Denon D1000/1001 (2) Gamma lh115 (1) Grado SR-60 (2) Grado SR-60i (1) Grado SR80 (1) JVC RX900 (1) Koss PortaPro (3) Koss UR40 (1) Sennheiser HD-201 (2) Sennheiser HD-280 Pro (2) Sennheiser PX-100 (3) Sennheiser PX-100...
My Clip+ is good match with UM3X.
UM3X that is what I use.
I also own both uDAC and DAC-EXTASY. for untrained noob as me. both sound good. EXTASY is a little more clean and airy BUT I won't say it is better or worst because both uDAC and EXTASY has its own flaws. I personally emailed hotaudio40 regard these flaws so he can improve upon them. Just keep in mind, DO NOT use easy to drive phone directly into EXTASY, get a volume controller or impedance adapter else it will turn your headphone into a speaker and there are noticeable...
Quote: Originally Posted by bbryann The thing is, I've talked to many of my friends who own bose and I keep telling them how much my AKG K271 MKII and Grado SR225s sound and I even let them listen to them. They still think Bose is better because it isolates and has heavy bass. Its kind of frustrating. Haha. I think the music department in my college has a bunch of Koss headphones. I have collage undergrad told me she love Bose because it is less...