I'd love to have a private listening session and I am Singapore-based. Alas I am neither creative nor do I write well. I guess I will have to give it a miss then.
(It's an awfully quiet thread, don't you think)
Recently, I have become increasingly interested in music originally composed for the stage and screen but played on the violin.
Here are some the titles I know about:
1) Cinema Serenade – Itzhak Perlman (http://www.allmusic.com/album/cinema-serenade-mw0000374242)
2) Cinema Serenade II – The Golden Age - Itzhak Perlman (http://www.allmusic.com/album/cinema-serenade-ii-the-golden-age-mw0001078852)
3) Cinema – Laurent Korcia...
I hope someone here is a classical music lover based in Tokyo and can help me out.
What CD shops in Tokyo stock the largest selection of classical titles? If you can provide the address, that will be perfect! Thank you
I listen mostly to classical music - large scale orchestral, chamber, solo, choral etc.
Currently, my BHA-1 is part of my main rig:
- Balanced input into the BHA-1 is the Bryston BCD-1
- RCA input into the BHA-1 is the Bryston BDA-1 (to which I connect the my sources: BCD-1 via AES/EBU & BDP-1 via SPDIF)
- Mini input (just for fun!) into the BHA-1 is the Oppo BDP-95 to occasionally play some SACDs
I wonder if it is just me listening at a level much...
'Copied and pasted' from a post I made in another forum: Dear all, I just received my BHA-1 2 days ago. People who know me know that I am not someone given to exaggeration. I am not usually dramatic about situations. I tend to be fairly rational and analytical when it comes to many situations. And my initial listening impression of this headphone amp fresh out-of-the-box: Wow! Headphones used: Hifiman HE-6 (balanced terminated with a 4-pin XLR using the stock...
The new iPhone 5 will be arriving in October.
But for me, I am dreaming of the day when Apple will launch a new audiophile version of iPod Classic with the following features:
1) Ability to play high resolution audio files of up to 192kz/24-bit
2) Ablity to play FLAC and APE format without Rockboxing it
3) An excellent built-in DAC which will make external devices like the CLAS/Fostex HP-P1 redundant
4) Super big capacity of say minimum 500GB (high res...