Posts by neutraloss

After a whole weekend of playing pink noise through my turbines I sat down with some of the tracks I was evaluating before. Overall, the bass muddiness is not much improved, but I stumbled on something which most of you have probablyalready realized. These earphones benefit a lot from the an appropriately paired EQ setting. I'm generally opposed to applying any kind of EQ on my Ipod Touch 2g, but both the "Acoustic" and "Loudness" settings did miracles for enhancing...
I have a problem with the way the turbines sits in my ear. Specifically, the metal housing (where the diagonal slits are) pushes against my ear and causes some irritation. I think if I could push the phones deeper into my ear it won't be a problem. I'm using the smallest single-flange silicone that came with the turbines. I've ordered some of the Sony Hybrid ones as well. I'm hoping that they are just a tiny bit smaller, overall, than the stock monster...
Hi all, I purchased a pair of the turbines based on the favorable impressions that I garnered from the reviews here. My initial reaction is favorable, but, like some have mentioned, the very low-end bass floor sounds a bit muddy and can overpower the mid-range. If anyone has access to Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror", 3:06min to 3:16min has a breakout where the bass is playing some riffs down low with octave jumps under drums and chorus. In this section I...