or Connect

Posts by Evshrug

Good news is good news, it's definitely cool to have representation from the manufacturer interact directly with the community. I suppose it's easy to see the pent-up demand and interest when a customer is watching for updates so closely they beat the official announcement, lol!!I have a question... Is this just a software/driver package for PC, or is it also new firmware to go into the X7?And guys, I immediately downloaded the iOS app as soon as I heard about it, and I've...
I have heard the cheap and eager to please Sennheiser HD201, good can for the low low price, but I haven't heard the Game Zero. Sennheiser headphones often have different impedances at different frequencies, which means that it's quite possible that the bass needs a beefier amp than the midrange. The difference an amp made with several headphones has been the difference between liking said headphone or not, for me.
^the ability to demo and discover your taste is truly valuable. In Pittsburgh, I basically just had to buy stuff, and eventually I had the good fortune for Mad Lust Envy, and then a bunch of other friends I made here on Head-Fi let me borrow a headphone here and there. And one year, I decided to kinda splurge and go to RMAF... where my mind was blown a few times over! It was only recently that I discovered that Pittsburgh has a relatively diversely stocked store that...
Oh, I don't think you were being hostile, I think your question was fairly neutral.Speaking to everyone and nobody specific, and weighing the quantity of voices more than the quantity of posts by any one person, there seems to be mostly a general correlation so far about the Utopia and Elear's signature, varying levels of enthusiasm, and generally a fun atmosphere. However, there's a vocal minority causing a lot of dancing around insults, stress, and people getting...
While I wasn't at the Focal launch or (yet) able to hear the new headphones, I appreciate everyone's descriptions and impressions! And extra thanks for responding and clarifying, I think I get it now. I believe sometimes people say grainy or shouty to refer to what you're talking about in dryness and too much energy? Sometimes they also call that slight lingering and extended decay "slow," and I suppose you would find a "fast" headphone more lively and engaging? Whatever,...
Which is fine, because why would you? Your own voice would drown out the benefits of direct mode.
I don't understand your first question. One thing I would say is the X7's built-in microphone is serviceable but not special nor good enough for recording music, but the microphone line-in port will help make great digital files from a connected mic. I think you asked about Bluetooth before, either mute it or don't pair anything. I haven't used a mic and direct-mode at the same time... Generally, you have to focus on listening to hear the benefit of direct-mode. If...
Latency problems with music recording? What, some kind of video lip-syncing issue? I may only be doing voice overs and game chat, but I don't notice any latency issues other than the usual delay in gaming (like a long distance telephone call... This is not an X7 issue).
If you plug your mod mic into the X7, the quality of the X7's ADC should out-perform the ADC built into your motherboard. There shouldn't be any latency with the mic recording due to the X7, the only cause for latency would simply be the chat software you use and the Internet. I've had good experience with Mumble for chat, but it was good enough that I haven't bothered comparing to other options. I haven't listened to the other DACs you listed... but the performance...
Right Julia, and if you want to move the mic out of the way while eating (or something), try sticking it a bit forward on the ring like AxelCoris did so the mic boom has room to flip up without the center capsule getting in the way, or simply detach the magnets and let the mic hang.