Posts by Evshrug

I agree, "it powers 600 ohm!!" is a marketing misnomer and an incomplete picture about the suitability of the amp. The Creative E1 (~$50 amp/DAC) really doesn't have enough juice for the K612, my iPhone's built-in amp seems a little more articulate, but the E1 does a GREAT job powering my V-MODA M-100... The E1 is advertised for powering 300 ohm headphones or something. I haven't heard the Magni... but I've heard other amps in its class and above. If I would get a Magni id...
Tubes! Tubes are the heart of the amp using them, and Definitely different tubes can do that. Stock Lyr tubes are pretty entry grade. Telefunkens are popular NOS options, considered very great, but I have yet to hear one. I have many good Amperex and a Sylvania JAN 6DJ8 which is forward and a bit coarse but amazing for electric guitar, my overall favourite so far are my four Russian Voskhods, very articulate and controlled better than the BugleBoy tubes I have.I'd like a...
I wouldn't say they failed horribly... If say there's one use-case/problem they didn't address with the X7, but all the output is great. To be honest, I usually end up muting the lobby if I'm not playing with friends, online people usually complain or try trash talking (or just have a noisy mic with lots of feedback or fan noise), and don't add enjoyment to my experience. That said, I use a USB mic (Blue and Samson have really nice sounding options) and people have patched...
Lenroot gave you a pretty good short answer, if you'd like the details check out my X7 review... Search HeadFi for a review on the X7. I talk about the major features, but I also share my opinion on the benefits.The Schiit stack is close to the quality of the Sound Blaster Omni or Z (Stillhart tested the Modi side-by-side with his omni, purely in a DAC vs DAC setup with them plugged into the same dedicated headphone amp, and he couldn't hear a difference that couldn't be...
I mean, it was worth $400 to me, I had the money saved and set aside leading up to the release, and i've enjoyed it enough that I'd do it again (if I HAD to). Thanks for getting my humor!!!"shrugging" is kind of an ideal for me rather than something I achieve easy, instead (as you've seen) I'm addicted to helping and explaining my viewpoint to the world, hahaha.BBQ is bawss
Oh, well there was another $120 off deal on Amazon practically the day after I posted my X7 review. I could save myself some typing and just say "Read my review," because you had specific questions BUT they were answered in the review, and I have a general summary at the top. Thing is, for a device of it's price, the TL;DR version isn't enough (unless your short version is "This is THE BEST OMGBBQ!!!" which is true-ish with qualifiers, but not really a help to anyone),...
Someday I'll have to try the T1, but yeah... The HD700 grows on me and hardly any other headphone gets time now, even my newer on the go Bluetooth headphonrs.
Better DAC cured tinnitus, what? What are we talking about?
Darker/brighter treble might be part of the soundstage equation (the E12 has a slight lift in the high treble), but I think it's fair to say that human-detectable noise (S:N) obscures some of the cues that help us hear the more subtle room reflections and relative distance... and a myriad of other small things that add up. In addition to the headphone, a good amp/DAC system can make a noticable difference in bringing out the potential soundstage of a headphone.Well...
$180-$170, new