Posts by Evshrug

You know what else works with the Boom Pro? :P Just finished Leon's campaign with my buddy! Good times, tho unintentionally funny sometimes too.
Also Crossfade M-100. That thread has like 2x the posts as this one.
I don't have a Mixamp 2013... I have one of the Mixamp 5.8 (the "wireless" version, mostly the same functions just has the wireless bit.Also, I use a lapel mic, a cheap but good thing that I got in a 3 pack for $4.50 shipped (US$) from Amazon. You guys will see any adapters I use (or don't use).IKR?The main purpose is to show how various processing devices could be set up... some people can't picture it or understand what each link in the chain does. And then I was gonna...
The whole topic of this thread is virtual surround for stereo headphones, and headphones that work well with that audio processing. Rather than retype an explanation again (already have 100s of times in the past), I'll point out that Mad explained it in the first post of this guide thread, and that I explained it in more detail in my "If I knew then..." thread linked in my signature.We get the same questions often about comparing those processors you mentioned, so I'm...
That thunderFX looks interesting to me, but this is the first time I'm hearing about it. We here have been hoping for better devices, but the recon3D is about par price for similar devices in the US.http://us.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-recon3dI would make sure that the thunderFX can process headphone surround (like directional, not just "a feeling of space"), and make doubly sure it can decode Dolby Digital Live 5.1 audio from an optical input (consoles)....
The sound is ok, and I love my mids, but it's hard for me to wear the M-100 as long as I wear other headphones (hours) with the stock pads. It's fine for quickie listening.
Well IBB, I don't know much beyond basics about computer audio... Is that Thunder FX part of a motherboard, or is an add-on (normally bundled with something else)? Anyway, the motherboard you have is basically equivalent to the audio quality of a Mixamp, except it doesn't have processing for headphone surround. The best console + PC audio processor/soundcard I've found so far is Creative's Recon3D USB. It can actually decode surround audio from consoles, and make...
Two things: 1.) You really can't tell if a monitor is good or not by looking at it through the eyes of a camera, YouTube compression, and then your current model, except... 2.) that LG may have ghosting issues, at 0:07 seconds the camera swooshes around the player and it blurs during this fast action... but that could just be YouTube compression, can't tell. I added info about the Asus in an edit to my last post. It worked beautifully last night plugged into my PS4, great...
Cool thing I discovered about the Recon3D USB today... Not only does it natively support PS4 (USB headset support, so you get game sound from optical and chat audio and mic through USB), but also it functions as a MIC amp... So, I can plug in my unpowered lapel mic, and with a switch I can select low/medium/high gain. So, I can clip my mic to my shirt and know people can hear me, or I can turn it down if I'm not talking much, I can turn it all the way up and talk in a...
I'll keep that cable in mind if my PS3 USB-3.5mm chat cable doesn't work in my system, seems like a much cheaper alternative. I thought we'd be able to use some cable like that.