or Connect

Posts by Evshrug

Oh no. And it has optical input too?
But was it Dolby in, and DTS:H out?
Yeah! Let me show you... my pokemans...
AD700 general use, what? Nu-n-n-n-n-no, the AD700 is amazing because it is so specialized and puts all its powers of goodness into soundstage and imaging, but you'll find yourself bored trying to listen to music for longer lengths of time. Unless you're a treble-head, which I guess I was for awhile... But I found myself wanting more.Bang bang bang!I agree shootouts are useful, to get an idea of how a few products stand relative to eachother. This may have to happen...
Oh I agree, jumping to the HD800 right from the start is too much to justify. I haven't tried every headphone, and someday I'd like to try an AD900, HD558, HD598, but honestly I would recommend an AKG K612 or K7XX (unless you like the color of the K712). The AKGs truly sound like they should cost $300-$400. They're also lightweight, don't clamp on your head too hard, have comfy velour pads (the K7XX and K712 slightly better in that), have great detail and sense of space...
I have watched pre-processed DTS-X videos and the Zimmerman soundtrack apps, but nothing live yet. I'll hold off making judgement on that for now. Also, I'm sure Creative thinks ahead and has a roadmap for what they want to do. The fact that they have a VR product (one of those phone holder headsets, which the Samsung one I demo'ed at Best Buy was surprisingly good) is IMO a good sign, and I hope Creative continues paying attention and becoming critical in that...
There's not a single review because it hasn't been released yet.
I see you have an HD800 as your avatar pic. Have you tried it? I believe I just said this earlier, but again, it maxes out pretty much every quality that benefits gaming, besides a microphone. Comfort, positional imaging, detail, immersive realism, every frequency is well-represented with great finesse, and doesn't trap too much heat. I also find it to be really engaging and fun, because of the attack and impact Fegefeur mentioned. All the padding and cabling can be...
It will satisfy him for PC, and still has good quality and mic integration for console despite just having stereo for consoles.
I also hadn't heard they were making a Google-cardboard esque VR headset... I tried out a fundamentally similar one at Best Buy (the Samsung VR), and I was totally blown away at how accurate the phone's gyroscope and accelerometer kept up with my head movements, felt very 1:1. The only thing Creative mentioned about audio during the VR segment was that they' use Bluetooth... That makes sense since the phone source was inside the sandwich box, but also carries an...