Posts by a_recording

At the moment I'm waiting to receive a replacement Takstar Pro 80 that was purchased for me by LHLabs. The replacement Geek Pulse I received is working well enough and I quite like it. On firmware version 1.4 it occasionally drops out after a few hours of use and requires a reset. Apart from that it seems to be a good unit for the price I paid, not counting the rest of this saga. I will post a review once I receive the replacement Takstar. This was the report from the...
Just to confirm (for what it's worth), I did not have any input on the article. In fact I only learnt about it when Tom linked me to it after it had gone live. I don't have any opinions on the Verb beyond what I've read here and elsewhere; I haven't heard it myself. 
 Okay, sounds great. Thanks!
To be clear, Diana did offer to give me a shipping label for the faulty headphone, but I said:  I didn't want to send out another package if the initial result of the assessment was going to be negative. I'll give you the dimensions of the headphone so you can provide a shipping label but again I'd like to know how the third party claims adjuster will assess the claim if the original unit has already been repaired.
 Hey Casey, I think there has been some misunderstanding, which is why I have not sent the headphones in yet. As Jody Edit: Gavin wrote previously,  and also:  I read that to mean that I should send the faulty headphone in AFTER the third party claims adjuster had looked at the faulty unit, and that the faulty unit would be evaluated by a third party. Now you are suggesting that the claims adjuster doesn't look at the faulty unit, they look at the damaged headphones. How...
Well I'm a little astounded. I've had my faulty Geek Pulse with LHLabs waiting for them to assess the unit so they could determine if they would compensate me for my damaged headphone. Everything has gone smoothly, but I noticed that Diana was sending form replies that suggested it was being treated like a typical RMA, so I stated quite clearly that I had already received a replacement unit and they would NOT need to send me a new one at the end of the assessment. Lo and...
 I think this is correct. When turning very slowly the Pulse displays updates with 0.5dB every two clicks of the wheel - so I guess it must be 0.25dB steps. 
Okay, I know this is very off topic, but it's very interesting. My Zoom H2n does 96/24 recording, so I was able to do my own tests.   So first of all, I ran the high frequency test tone file at http://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_frequencycheckhigh.php through Musicscope and got this result:     Nice and easy to see the frequency sweep start at 22 kHz and end at 8kHz.   Now here's what my Zoom H2n captured from the output of my Objective 2 to the line in (100%...
 That's really interesting. Thanks for sharing that. I never realised that iTunes did that. I'm assuming they filter the ultrasonics to avoid equipment damage, but it's a bit annoying not to know that. Do you have any idea what iTunes does with 96kHz files? I might try messing around myself with my Zoom H2n.
 I'm surprised that the application isn't agnostic to the multi output setup. It's an OSX system level thing where it combines the two outputs and treats them as one single output device that shows up in any application as a output hardware option. Where did you get the idea that iTunes cuts off frequencies above 18kHz?