or Connect

Posts by a_recording

Has anyone else tried talking to Apple Support and seeing if they have a specific response to this problem yet? I think my support case must have been closed because I returned the phone.
 Those measurements look great. If there was any extraneous noise on the output you would expect it to turn up on the graphs right? Wish I understood what was going on. *sigh*  I got the rating from here. http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/in-ear-headphones/xba-c10#product_details_default No idea why the figures would differ...
 As far as I know this forum is basically the only place where people are actively talking and swapping notes about this issue. You would expect this kind of discussion about an issue that only really affects users with some fancier IEMs (so far we have not been able to nominate a single pair of headphones that can pick up this noise, which is sort of interesting in itself). It's not being splashed on the front pages of Gizmodo or Macrumors etc. etc. Seems like an...
 I think it's important to give perspective as well. As I've said from the beginning, most people in most situations with most earphones won't hear the noise. But it's also not a great idea to generalise from your own experiments to say that the noise is not a problem as long as you don't touch the phone at all while listening. At least on a number of IEMs I own, it will pick up noise from normal background operations during music playback. Is it going to render the phone...
 Not quite. As I've said, with the right IEM it's possible to hear background processes from the phone even without touching it or doing anything while listening. 
Another thing to consider is that in order to accomodate the new force touch sensor / sturdier aluminium build, they might have had to pack stuff closer together on the PCB. The battery is smaller as well after all. Something's gotta give, maybe in this case EMI rejection.   Then again, it's strange that both the 6S and the 6S Plus seem to exhibit this issue.   Looking at the teardown is sort of interesting. https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPhone+6s+Teardown/48170
 That's interesting. When I tested this, I could completely mute the output and still get various noises.
 As far as my experience goes, anything that makes the phone think about anything will cause some kind of burst of noise on the headphone jack. It seems that in particular the app switcher and the system settings tray in particular makes very distinct noises, but any background activity causes the noise. Streaming music in particular is the worst case scenario. I don't feel like its a software problem just because it isn't present on other previous models and it's so...
 As far as I know all Apple has just acknowledged is that they've received multiple similar reports, they haven't acknowledge it's a 'problem' per se. This video should demonstrate many of the situations where you should be hearing the noise, and what it should sort of sound like (it will differ by equipment).