Posts by FortisFlyer75

Hi Dillan, just seen this post, almost forgot your username from the meet until this post, sorry your first bring and show ended abruptly, you took it well considering as you seem quite a placid guy, I would of blown a gasket if it was me although you probably did inside!  Got to say thanks for the listen on your modded HE6, was a great set up that opened my eyes up.  The clarity separation, space, black back drop and life like vocals with that completely detached defined...
 I was camped with my gear next to the chap that had the HE6 modded, he was a top bloke, cannot remember his name now if he would like to step forwards...I was lucky enough to try them first of the bat (no I was not the one to break them!) but have tried the HE range before in stock form and have not floated my boat at all but this I have to say was awesome modded with that beast of an amp. I was taken a back by it and was really thankful I was lucky to hear it before it...
I'm surprised the Hugo actually gives it an accentuated bass. did not think it was capable of doing that!  I remember the Th900's been a very spatial sound for a closed back headphone which I think made every thing easy to pick out when listening with the Fostex own gear.  This was a few months back now though.  
Wife goes before the Hugo! I'm so hard when shes in another room, hope she never reads this or I'm cleaning cat crap out of the litter tray for a year! lol Heard Fostex with their own amps only not the Hugo, interesting different approach for a closed back can, need to listen to them again with the Hugo for sure. 
A gold version would sell just as well on the western front also me think's?  I am still waiting for a smooth brushed silver finish (HINT!) ; ) Lol (no really it would be nice..)   I have been awakened recently on head-fi  as with the latest UK meet which happened in Cambridge yesterday (thanks to Andy & Mark for making that happen) which was a really good turn out with a lot of gear on show and have to say I tried quite a few headphones yesterday as I am auditioning to...
Back home now recovering from seeing all that great gear that every one brought with them today.  Big thanks to Andy & Mark as without them this would not of happened.  Good to meet new faces as well as some familiar today.     I thought I was getting seasoned at this now but still got sidetracked left right and centre today, head left a spinning and probably did not scratch the surface with the amount of gear to listen to on show today, this was just as impressive as...
To answer your question to a degree as original reply to your question took it on a tangent is with a ZX1 from my experience with my Sony MDR-7520's there was not enough to drive them with authority for me leaving a weak anemic presentation and thought they would need amping but then tried the EQ trick where you stop the EQ setting in apps which gives the player more volume and headroom and could drive my 7520's no problem with some volume steps to spare.  It does change...
Congrats to ClassicalViola, have to say my fav from the winner was the Stressed Crackers - always exploding those biscuits, made me chuckle anyway ; )   Only two days to go, all have a safe journey on the road to Head-bliss. 
*That is why I have sat on the fence in getting the ZX2 after investing still a lot of money in the ZX1 which turns out was just a dressed up version of the F model for their Walkman Anniversary but call me vein to a degree I have held back as for a almost £1K I want my player to be perfect in all respects other than just the SQ which means ergonomics of the player also and for me the ZX2 does not reflect the look and feel of a traditional top line player like the ZX1 did...
Oh, it's going to be big then! I was hoping you was going to say it was been held in the broom cupboard so I could get away with one day there!I might have to spend two days there now.  Just glad it is a Bank Holiday here in UK that weekend.   Thanks for clarifying this though ; )