Posts by FortisFlyer75

Hello old chap, noticed you have the SE846's now, please enlighten me with words of wisdom how this pairs with the Hugo as I am intrigued still after all these vagrant years since my SE530's how the 846's would be especially with the Hugo and want a pair of universals that really bridge the gap as my 2nd pair to my primary JH16's.   Listened to my X1060 briefly with the Hugo as my ZX1 was recharging and the X1060 has had another stay of execution as it was bliss as I was...
Is there anyone out there that owns both the Z7 and the Sony MDR-7520 headphones that can compare in great depth?     I like my 7520's which I have had modded to both cups with Whiplash Hybrid cable and recently changed the pads to a pair of Beyer velour pads which really improved the SQ to the stock pads but am to intrigued how these Z7's would sound with my ZX1 Walkman going through the Chord Hugo.     Only headphone I had recently by Sony that disappointed me was...
Hi all Hugo'ers, just wanted to know what usb cables seem to partner the Hugo well and also any recommendations on a fairly good coax digital cable that fits the Hugo as I have a Chord (cable Co.) Indigo digital coax which I use in my main speaker hi-fi system but is to big for the Hugo and don't fancy getting it modded by Chord cable Company for it to fit at the moment.    Also anyone who has had experience of listening to the Hugo with 300 ohm headphones with wav files...
 Happy Birthday old socks, Hope you had a good day as not many Birthdays you have involve having a nose bleed been so high up in the Prem league! ; ) Burn in like JW Brent mentioned varies and some can be subtle and some not so.  I still hear a difference between feel I hear a difference between WAV & Flac files (through high-end speaker system) when apparently I should not be which always stirs the format community this one and especially lately again that feeling has...
Had to Lol at that! I must admit I miss read Papa kief's post slightly as I was juggling laptop work and email notification perked my interest with his post and of course the external connections is another factor in the chain to degrade sound but it does it hurt to dream & share regardless?  It triggered my vision of a dock just been a charge base dock where the power cable feeds into the dock and it can sit upright like a pc tower as good as it's footprint is on my table...
They sure look comfortable, reminds me of the old velour pads on the older Sennheiser cans in the 90's which could wear for hours without feeling any discomfort not to mention from what I read from Beyer pad afficiadoes is it actually has a positive result on the SQ which is good as if it had a negative effect to SQ it would make them pretty much redundant no matter how comfortable a pair of ear pads can be.   They are on schedule for delivery on Monday so looking forward...
Hi MannP, You owe me nothing other than just enjoying listening to your new found set up as we are all here for one another for the same reason as we are all head techno geeks.   A1) I have not got that far yet as I have yet to get a case for mine, which will come at a later date, rather spend it on a usb cable first as I have a make shift Oakley M-frame transport case to house it for now.   A2) I personally if they start to come up on ebay in the future would be the sound...
This would be icing on the cake if they done this and I am sure plenty of us would utilise a dock like that. How much would one cost though, my guestimation although not condoning it of course would be circa £200 if they did do one?  Although I think £100 same as leather case would be acceptable.. cough to Chord! Maybe a Christmas project for anyone at Chord who is bored for a 2nd Q release in 2015 ; )
You are a braver man than me,  my results would end up needing a new pair of headphones by the end of dismantling! We need guys like you to take a hit, i mean make a difference to the world of head-fi nuts.
Thanks for locating of that post.  Have just ordered a pair of DT250 pads of the back of that, the Sony pads was starting to irritate me more with the drivers touching the ear and getting hot after prolonged wear.  Given up on finding the Sony Z1000 pads to go on the 7520's now. Thanks again