Posts by Novaldex

Thank you for the update Clownzor.
Well, sounds good to me. Thanks for the info chaps.
  Hello : )   I already hear some of you, at the mere sight of the title, shouting and crying, saying that you don't buy 600€ to use them unamped, that a mobile phone will sound better, that i should burn in the fires of hell. Please read (a bit) further (or just skip the post and read the tl,dr version at the end if you don’t have time to lose). I have so far a (as the title says) a DT770/80 that is, if not dying, at least pretty sick: it rattles, the pads are...
Also interested in this, as one of these will most likely be replacing my DT770 
Quote: Originally Posted by AnselmHui Dear fellows, I am looking for a decent digital out card the price of about USD 150(well, not fixed) to connect to a external DAC. Read some posts about the STX and seems that its analog out part is great, but how about its digital out part? Is it even better than 1212's digital out? I may be using the 1212's analog out for a short period of time, so I am also worried about it ... Tough decision, please...
Quote: I have tested the Essence STX with DT770-80, Beyer DT-150/250, AKG 601, Sennheiser HD650 and it worked great with all of them. That's good to know, thanks. Were you near to the max in order to have a decent volume ? Quote: Look at Alessandro for reasonably prices 'grados' shipped free worldwide. The MS Pro is great and costs $700(€550) shipped. (RS1 is ~ €830 here) If that is too much, the MS2i is a lot cheaper. I thought...
Quote: You can try the K701 or the RS-1. As i stated before, as much as i'd like a grado, that's not an option, since they're sold at grotesque prices ( 700/800€ ) in France. Concerning the k701, FWIR it may not have enough bass. I want less bass, but i still want some . Plus i'm not sure it's the best choice for rock, am i wrong ? Quote: I've read only good things about the Beyer dynamic DT-150. Well, this looks a lot like my...
Quote: Originally Posted by AmanGeorge are there certain characteristics that you want other phones to complement? I think i could use some more detail, and a better midrange as well. I love the beyers, don't get me wrong, but good god, they can be pretty fatiguing sometimes. Closed cans would be a plus as well, since i'm essentially using headphones in order not to disturb anyone, but mostly not to be disturbed by anyone. But i've got a prety...
Any more advices ?
Quote: Originally Posted by Bojamijams What this about the ATH-AD2000? Relevant to my interests as well