or Connect

Posts by mattlach

Hey all,   So I am currently very happy with my Modi Multibit DAC feeding my Jotunheim amp for my headphone use (Sennheiser HD650 and Beyer DT770 Pro), but it's time for me to retire my old ****ty logitech desktop speakers, and I am getting stuck, because it turns out I know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING when it comes to standalone speakers and amps.    In my 37 years on this planet, I have never owned a traditional stereo system with separate amps and speakers, so I am at a...
Or,   My house actually came with two KLH 980 satellite speakers attached to the wall and wired to behind the TV...     They haven't been used in some time, but I have it on good authority that they aren't blown or anything, and should still work...   I had originally been concerned with making sure that all the speakers are matched so they are "balanced", but now I'm reading that doesn't really matter, and the rear satellites are less important (quality wise)...
Hey all,   After thinking/talking about getting a surround receiver for my TV for the better part of two decades, I'm finally getting around to it.   The budget is a little tight, so I can't go crazy.   My research thus far has come up with two contenders:   1.) Monoprice 10565 Premium 5.1-Ch. Home Theater System with Subwoofer   - OR -    2.) Dayton Audio 5.1 Home Theater Bundle 8" Powered Subwoofer   Dayton audio has quite the reputation for making great...
Audio Nervosa.Sad part is, unless you life right next to a radio tower or some other noisy environment, the benefit of "better" (read: more expensive) cables is going to be entirely imagined.
That would be awesome. If not outside of my pricerange, I'd be on the interested list for this.I love my Modi Multibit, but it would be nice to have an entire balanced chain.That would require a new case though, as the existing Bifrost case doesn't have holes for balanced outputs.I wonder if they go down this track, it means it becomes a new bifrost all together without upgrade options from the previous Bifrost (which would likely annoy some as they paid for bifrost for...
 Hmm. I rarely ever use speakers.   In fact right now, my only set are a ****ty pair of Logitech desktop 2.1 speakers (z623.   They get pretty damned loud, but they sound like crap) I was thinking about maybe changing all that though, with the theory that maybe I'll use speakers more often, if they don't sound like ass.   Vidar looks really interesting to me, but is probably out of my price range. Candidates right now are a set of active monitors, maybe Emotiva Airmotive...
 Not familiar with those but I googled them, and yeah, pretty much. I don';t know anyone who has larger speakers than about that size, and come to think of it, I don't think I've ever actually seen any in person, outside club-PA systems
 I prefer the side by side approach :p 
Interesting.  I've never seen a speaker like those Spatial's before.   Wouldn't they be rather inefficient without some sort of resonating chamber around the back?   edit:   And WOW.   Those things are HUGE.   When I think of speakers, I tend to think of something no larger than at most ~12x8x10", and probably smaller :p
I'm often surprised how many of you listen to music on the go. I only ever listen on my desktop amp at my desk. My headphones never go anywhere else, and I don't have any mobile music players or a y music on my phone.