or Connect

Posts by Carlsan

As for fit and tips: With the qt5, I used one of the supplied pairs, then set the earphone within my ear as if it was one of those micro-driver earphones, kind of resting on the bottom of the ear above the earlobe. That works for me in getting a good seal.   Before that  I tried a bunch of tips from my extensive collection and that was unsuccessful.
With the qt5, I used one of the supplied pairs, then set the earphone within my ear as if it was one of those micro-driver earphones, kind of resting on the bottom of the ear above the earlobe. That works for me in getting a good seal.   Before that  I tried a bunch of tips and was unsuccessful.
You won't be disappointed.   Cheers.
 Just updated the earphone section. Really have to have a garage sale, as my wife keeps on telling me, I only have two ears!
 The Z5's have great bass and subbass. They have a big commanding sound. But they are difficult to get a good fit, at least with my ears.It's been a while since I picked them up, and have been thinking lately that I should just sell them. Not currently in my rotation, and no, they were not what I was thinking about. I prefer them to my AKG K3003i's and IE800's. Which I believe sell used in that price range or less. I think they play in that league. Crazy, isn't it. My...
 That is correct, but also with detail and tremble extension, which is often lost with that type of sound.
 Check the ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread. Shockwave's are also great.
Love my QT5, have had them for a few weeks. Here are my initial impressions.   Run them balanced out of my Onkyo DP-X1 Digital Audio Player with a FIDUE A83 2.5/3.5mm MMCX Balanced Cable.   Cable can be found on ebay for around  $50, not the greatest quality but it does the job. The shipped cable that came with my unit made my earphones a tad bright. I prefer the the Fidue cables as they can be run balanced and they seem to drop the brightness a bit.   As for sound,...
QT5 is currently my favorite under $600 earphone. It is that good. Don't get me wrong, I like my Shockwave III, but I LOVE my QT5.   Cheers.
For me, in New Jersey, the Mass Drop price with case, shipping, and taxes is only a few dollars less than the Amazon price. If I get this, I'll get it on Amazon so I can return it if it doesn't measure up.