New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by userlander

Quote: Originally Posted by Ra97oR Also the same chip used in my Essence ST. Your point is null. Just look at my Terminator amp, the appearance is rather bad, and even have typo. But it didn't stop it being an amazing amp. I don't really know what your point is, except to troll. Just because you don't know how to properly implement the chip doesn't have anything to do with the Hotaudio amp. The Thunderbird Max is a killer amp with a very rich,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ra97oR I wouldn't expect much from the internal shots. Specs from his "best" headphone amp VERY ACCURATE POWERFUL SOUND TPA6120a2 INSIDE POWERED BY AC ADAPTOR (INCLUDED) DRIVES 16 TO 300 OHM HEADPHONES MAXIMUM OUTPUT 3.5 VOLTS RMS VOLTAGE GAIN 8 TIMES MAXIMUM POWER OUTPUT 700mW @ 32 OHM MAXIMUM POWER OUTPUT 80mW @ 300 OHM ALPS VOLUME CONTROL THERMAL & OVER-CURRENT PROTECTION 3.5MM STEREO INPUT 3.5MM STEREO...
Quote: Originally Posted by nsx_23 I'm thinking about some kind of DAC for my La Figaro 336 + HD650 and STAX set-up since the Zero just doesn't satisfy me like it used to. Any ideas how a DAC-Extasy would fair? For $99 (if I can get that price at all) its pretty tempting. Because of its very neutral profile, and how it's said that the uDAC -- which has a very different profile -- doesn't do well with HD650s, I would think the Extasy would be a...
Quote: Originally Posted by donunus In all fairness, I actually like reading what you have to say. I really don't get the attacking around here sometimes. Thanks, donunus, that's nice of you to say so. But it was pretty vicious there for a while - the entire old PH100 thread being totally deleted over it, in fact. It seems to have settled down a bit lately... for the moment, at least.
Quote: Originally Posted by donunus Something I noticed earlier with my dt440s... The udac connected to my modded audiolab integrated amp blew me away. My grin made me look like I was the joker and I was doing air guitar and air drums while having goosebumps all over. I then connected the dt440 back to the udacs headphone jack then I start to understand where you are coming from with your bad reviews... Problem is, The audiolab is a modded $1000 integrated...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ninkul DT880 still trumps the K701 in this setup. That's really odd. I would expect exactly the opposite. There's no substitution for first-hand experience, I guess.
Quote: Originally Posted by jp_zer0 Looking at the uDAC at 100 and fun at 400, I feel more of a reservation now. I won't have the same enthusiasm in recommending the uDAC. Yes it improves your sound over the onboard sound, but if there's any way at all to get the fun, you should do so. That's what I've been saying all along about the DAC-Extasy, which is superior to the uDAC soundwise in just about every way, and is now even showing up on ebay...
Quote: Originally Posted by jp_zer0 You were right about the uDAC. Now don't get a stiffy the size of texas. That already happened - when I sold it. If it's any consoloation, it sounded even worse on DT880s.
Quote: Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict It's not called "uDAC" syndrome, it's called "FOTM", and I'm imagine that it does happen. But I disagree that the uDAC is FOTM (flavor of the month). It's a nice $99 DAC/amp and works well as a RCA line-out DAC. It's not a "giant killer", but I'm listening right now with Westone 3 and the sound is very good for the price (or even if they were charging $149 - $199). I can switch from my $399 DACport to the $99...
Quote: Originally Posted by batphink The first thing you should do is call the police. It's possible he disappeared because he got himself into trouble. You need to make it clear that if he was involved in something that you weren't and have no knowledge of it. They will also be able to tell you who you can contact for free legal advice on your rights and his in this situation. If the police don't seize anything as evidence, then you should inventory...
New Posts  All Forums: