Posts by DTKZ

I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow or the next couple of days, but here are my impressions thus far:   The ASG-1s remind me somewhat of the JVC FXT90 in that they both have a very forward sound with the ASG-1 actually being even more forward and transparent. It really forces you to pay attention, so I can imagine it being a little fatiguing to listen for long periods depending on your personal tolerance. However, unlike the FXT90, there is absolutely no trace of...
The ASG-1s I ordered have arrived. I have to say that the frosted clear finish looks a lot better in real life. I didn't think I was going to like their appearance based on the pictures I've seen but they've won me over. They seem solidly built and sturdy. The cable is very nice. Quite supple and as far as I can tell, very well braided and put together. As an aside, the cable seem like a good possible choice for people who want a more budget-conscious alternative cable...
Karlw, Do you think you could name some other bass-heavy IEMs you've tried? One person's idea of not enough/sufficient/too much bass could be completely different from that of another person, so it might be helpful to know where you're coming from.   Also, you said that you haven't tried messing with the ambient tuning port, but could you check how much of a difference it makes? I sometimes find IEMs to be a little fatiguing due to how closed-in they sound and the...
It's the Chinese New Year. For all intents and purposes, you can basically consider the entire country closed for business for the next 2 weeks.
    Quote: I think Klipsch uses the same standard tip for all their IEMs don't they? I bought a pack of the large single flange tips and I was able to make them fit. It requires a bit of elbow grease but I was able to put them on.   I have the L2 version and I like it alot. The gold finish is a very pale gold and looks pretty close to silver. It's not garish and looks pretty understated and classy in my opinion.  With that being said, the most striking thing about the...
I'll be coming.   Headphones: Ultrasone Pro900, Denon D5000, Sony XB1000, Grado SR325is, Grado HF2 Amps/DACs: Govibe Magnum, Govibe Vulcan+
You can just get a 2 RCA to 3.5mm cable, like this: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021815&p_id=5596&seq=1&format=2
Glad to be of help. I can't really comment on the Phiaton MS400 and Denon D1100, since I haven't really heard them much. I do know that they're 2 fairly well-liked portable closed bassy headphones with some measure of isolation.   As for the XB1000, I think it's a pretty hard headphone to beat when it comes to electronic music and is probably my favourite for the genre. I think its soundstage and bass combine to make a pretty unique headphone so I can't really think...
Has anybody else tried the Klipsch tips on these? I was using the Jays tips but I found that the Klipsch tips are pretty similar and have the added benefit of fixing the sibilance I heard with the Jays. In addition, the Jays tips gave me a little issue with driver flex upon insertion on the right side and the Klipsch tips seem to reduce that problem in my case.
You could get a Fiio D3 to use as a DAC, it accepts optical and coaxial inputs, and get a Fiio E11 to use as an amp. It may be a portable but it's got a lot of power to spare. Together, they should run you about $100 so it's in your budget, plus you can use the E11 as a portable if you feel like it.   The bass on the M50s won't be able to match the XB1000 but the XB1000 is most definitely not a portable. I would say it's not a headphone you'd want to use without an...