Posts by DTKZ

Not to be nit-picky but by dedicated line-out, do you mean the WM-Port which can be used as a line-out? If so, you might want to change your description a little. When I hear dedicated line-out, I tend to think of 3.5mm outputs not a LOD. Thanks for the review though, I've got a Z1070 on its way to me and the waiting is killing me. Also, have you tried Neutron Music Player on the Z1070? I've never used it but from what I've read, it sounds very promising.
It was brought to my attention that I was perhaps pushing the ASG-1 in a little deeper than intended. After making adjustments, I have to say that there is no contest between the bass on the IE8 and the ASG-1. The ASG-1 has a very noticeable advantage in terms of bass impact and definition.
I just got a D1 and I have popping noises when I use WASAPI on Foobar. However, I've found that switching over to kernel streaming or lowering the buffer size seems to alleviate the problem somewhat, so those having problems with popping and cracking may want to try experimenting with that.
OP, if you really like the sound of a pair of headphones, just go for it. If you're buying based on looks, just remember that what looks cool to you now might not look so cool to you 2-3 years later on. The more something tries to conform to current fashions, the more outdated they look when fashion changes. If you've ever looked at people dressed in the popular fashions of the previous decades and asked yourself, "What WERE they thinking?" Just remember that those...
If you're in Canada, have you tried going down to a local Sonystyle store? All the ones I've been to in Vancouver sell the hybrids by themselves.
Maybe check with Headphonebar? They don't stock the pads but they do carry Beyerdynamic headphones so they may be able to help you?
I wouldn't necessarily count out the the ASG-1s out straight away if what you're coming from are the IE8s. Before the ASG-1s arrived, I'd mostly been listening to full-sized headphones or clip-ons so me perceiving the soundstage as being narrow is probably to be expected. In fact, it's probably a compliment about the height of the ASG-1s since the fact that I perceive it to be narrow rather than just plain small means that the height is still fairly impressive for an...
  I see what you mean. I think it could very well be meant to fit in there but it's not at the right angle to fit into the fold of my ear at that point. It sort of fits if I pull my ear and push it in there, but it doesn't stay in the fold on its own. Maybe my ears are not as typical of the 90% as I thought they were. They are pretty snug and low profile though. I haven't actually tried it out, but they feel secure enough to go running with. The first picture I put up of...
No issues with the shape whatsoever. I've been using them for hours at a stretch with no comfort issues. I don't have any customs yet, so I can't comment on how they would compare to one, but they have a nice snug fit. Far more ergonomic than the UE Superfi 5Pro and original Radius DDM I've tried before. No worries about them becoming dislodged or falling out through normal use. However, I do think my ears are pretty close to the average type that universal fit IEMs are...
Do note that I'm not using the stock tips in the following pictures.