Posts by DTKZ

Because those words are acceptable substitutions out of context and can be somewhat synonymous if you consider each word individually. It's only when placed into context that they sound strange or negative. A lot of the article definitely does not sound like that of a native English speaker. I've helped a few non-native English speaking friends to edit essays and the article seems similar to what happens when they use an electronic dictionary to choose their...
Because it looks like the original article was badly translated from English to another language and then back to English again? Hence "language learning function" becomes "denunciation training function" and "set the lyrics to scroll by in sync to the music" becomes "set a lyrics to corkscrew by in sync to a music". A lot of the language isn't necessarily negative in nature, just very garbled.
  Bear in mind that the main similarity is their forward sound signatures. The ASG-1 has more forward mids while the FXT90 has more boosted highs, although I would say that the FXT90 can have sibilance issues as a result.   Sigh... On one hand, I'm excited. On the other, it sucks to get that itch to upgrade before something's already out and you've only had the previous model for a short time.   True, if there was one thing I would change about the ASG-1, it would be a...
Can someone post some real-life pictures of the chocolate ones? I almost went for them because I wanted something a little different but settled for the black because the brown um... not to be disgusting but they sort of put me in mind of something else that's brown...
I've been using the W262 and I haven't had any issues with using it while running. They are built with a one size fits all approach though, so it's definitely not going to work perfectly for everyone.
I'm aware that some people consider the EPH-100 to be bass heavy, but I really don't hear it. They may have a slight mid-bass bump, but I don't think they have the sub bass to impress with genres like dubstep. I can't comment on the Atrios because I don't have it but I just ordered a pair which should be arriving in a few days. Do bear in mind though, that there is an on-line Atrios coupon CostProg50% which might still be in effect so it might be more cost-effective...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAVS-DAC-2-PC-Hi-Fi-Audio-Processor-DAC-Free-EMS-/250721815258?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a602f4ada#ht_3756wt_901   Can't say that they're exactly the same as the ESI Dr. DAC Prime but they're certainly very similar and about $100 less.
I''d forget about the Yamaha EPH-100. They're not what comes to mind when I'm looking for sub bass.
I think you may be a little unclear as to the difference between DACs and amps. A DAC accepts a digital signal and converts the 1s and 0s that digital music is comprised of into a form that you hear. An amp accepts an analogue signal and amplifies it to the point that you can hear it on your headphones. Your iPod and Macbook already have built in DACs and amps, what you're trying to do here is replace the built-in ones with external ones. Remember:   Data...
I've owned this Calyx Coffee DAC/amp for only a few days. It uses the Sabre ES9023 chip and has media playback controls built into the chassis for convenience. They're incredibly detailed and I do like them, however, I think I would prefer something with a warmer and more bassy signature. I'm particularly interested in the HRT Music Streamer II+, CEentrance Dacport LX or iBasso D7. Please PM with offers with appropriate amount of top-up on either side if...